Search results

1. N

ASRockRack's first Epyc effort

Hopefully they will make a ryzen or threadripper board with IPMI.
  2. N

Mezzanine and Backplane Connectors

Here are some strace outputs of threads in the mgmt process which do i2c communication. C3000 Onboard Administrator straces of mgmt I believe the communication with the blades is IPMB: IPMB_protocol - The Wireshark Wiki I hope that is helpful, but it is probably not as you are still stuck for...
  3. N

Got it working again and found a way to get root access without tinkering with hardware. If HP had a bug bounty program I would report this exploit to them, but they do not. As I now have root (and can set fan speeds) that's all I needed... but I am happy to provide dumps of what...
  4. N

You can extract the firmware images using binwalk with `binwalk -e -M hpoa480.bin`. I was reversing the binaries using binary ninja. It's not free but it's a lot cheaper than IDA and pretty good. Radare2 is completely free and you might be able to use it instead if you want to try that. The...
  5. N

This is the handshake/check diagcheck does: gist:8857bfce269ab95322f3e91d892cad79
  6. N

Been doing some reverse engineering of the OA recently, trying to set the fan speed manually. The OA communicates with the blades using i2c and serial ports. You can unpack the firmware image using binwalk (matroshka mode, as there are nested images). On boot of the OA `/etc/rc.transition2`...
  7. N

EU Dual E5-2600 Foxconn Server £250

Looks like someone's selling them with a BIOS supporting 2600 v2 processors: 1U 10GB SFP+ Foxconn Network Server with 2x Xeon CPUs 32GB RAM/4x HDD Caddies | eBay