Search results

1. J

Proxmox 5 Tutorials?

As for a tutorial, I guess something that just goes from install to setting up everything from storage to vm's to containers etc with screenshots and explanations for beginners. Most of the documentation I've found is a bit lower level than that.
  2. J

Proxmox 5 Tutorials?

Thanks Patrick, I saw that, but I didn't understand how I can add the physical drives to pools to allow for new volumes to be used by the VMs if that makes sense? When I installed it I only selected the single SATADOM and installed ZFS on that for Proxmox. So I want to user my other drives now...
  3. J

PWM and Non-PWM Fans On Supermicro Motherboard

Just an update: I had PWM and FLX fans on the same connection which caused problems. So I got rid of all the fans and put in Noctua's and everything works great. So just a heads up to anyone planning to build a server using a Supermicro motherboard and after market fans: Make sure they're all...
  4. J

Proxmox 5 Tutorials?

I'm new to Proxmox and was wondering if anyone could suggest any good tutorials on Proxmox from installation all the way to setting up everything and creating VMs? Is it all done by the command line? I'm used to VMware. For instance I've installed it on my SATADOM but now want to make other...
  5. J

Suggestions For 40x40x28mm Fans?

I have a Supermicro box and it came with 40x40x28mm fans. I got some 40mm Noctua fans but they're only 20mm and it's hard to get them secured. I tried searching but all 40x40x28mm fans are incredibly loud and fast. I've never looked for irregular fans before so I thought I'd see if anyone could...
  6. J

PWM and Non-PWM Fans On Supermicro Motherboard

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone knows if having PWM and non-PWM fans in the same zone on a Supermicro motherboard will cause problems with fan speeds? I'm trying to get my fans to be quiet and I have two types: Fractal Design Silent Series R2 120mm (NO PWM I don't think) Speed: 1200 +/- 10%...
  7. J

Cisco 3750G Fan

Unfortunately, I agree with both of you about unplugging the fan which is really too bad. Noise is definitely an issue as well as efficiency and not producing heat. I really don't need a L3 switch, but I primarily wanted to use the Cisco one because of Netflow data. I also have a pfSense...
  8. J

Cisco 3750G Fan

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with getting quieter Cisco fans at all? Currently, I have this switch and the fan is insanely loud. I won't be using the POE function except for one port. I've currently disabled the fan. My questions are: 1) Will having the fan disabled cause...
  9. J

How To Reset SuperMicro IPMI Remotely?

Thanks for the help guys. I didn't realize there was a VGA port onboard which I used. EffrafaxOfWug thanks for taking the time to type the commands out, it really helped. It was strange though I don't think it changed anything. I got the same results you did but I couldn't log in. Now that I...
  10. J

How To Reset SuperMicro IPMI Remotely?

So I bought a motherboard in early November and played around with it a bit but because of life it had to be put it away. I now have time to set it up properly, however, I can't remember the IPMI password. Unfortunately, I don't have a video card I can plugin. The IPMI interface does get an IP...