Search results

1. D

C6100 extender board USB

OK guys, correct pitch connectors are finally in, NOT the connectors i wanted, but they will work, I should be contacting people this weekend to get addresses.
  2. D

Setting up/configuring SMB/SIFS shares in napp-it

MAYBE, just switch to a differnt system, seems like that would be faster :P
  3. D

Taming the C6100

specualation is fun, but let me get a drawing made up, and some measurements done...
  4. D

Taming the C6100

the firmware mod will be like 90% of any other bios mods, flag discriptors in hex. it would HAVE to be binary editing, and the only refernce we'll get is the controller's chips datasheets.
  5. D

Taming the C6100

I have zero reference currently, other than i know it's been done on nearly every consumer device with a following (videocards for example) I havn't had time and won't for a bit, to look into it. my idea is not to "slow" the fans as much, but make the curve more linear, with a higher min speed...
  6. D

Taming the C6100

no problem at all, just dremled the sides, and connected wires..... completely different system, i'll look into the firmware, no promises, I have alot on my plate you have a C6100? Yes? they will work :P
  7. D

Taming the C6100

swap fans to the Supermicro FAN-0074L4, IMO the best move you can make. modding the PWM duty cycle in this case will not work, because the FCB uses the RPM to adjust the PWM, so unless you mod both forward and return signals, the FCB will fight your mods, HONESTLY i'd like someone to mod the...
  8. D

LSI 9300-8e 12gbps SAS starting to show

honestly, I'd like to know what features you are speaking, the SCSI pathing? the WWN? the higher command voltages? the scsi error correction system? with proper enterprise hardware, most of this is non-issue (unless, as stated, you have serious critical data that REQUIRES said features, which...
  9. D

Dell C6100 "BMC FRU header checksum bad"?

IPMI commandline, I'd have to check but it would be very similar to : (this is for setting error level) <code> ipmitool -H [BMC IP ADDRESS] -U root -P [password] sensor thresh "FCB FAN4" lcr 0 </code> i can't do it right now, trying to sort out how to make perfect routed cables, without a...
  10. D

LSI 9300-8e 12gbps SAS starting to show

I don't fully understand, SAS/SATA has been hot swappable for YEARS, hell, in some cases SATA is recommended OVER SAS. so how is it bad mojo when they are pretty much the same thing to a end user? (end user, being an admin/people on this forum) according to DELL/HP when i was buying servers a...
  11. D

Supertalent RamDisk USB

think of it like ram cached copy, like windows XP or vista default copy. if you yank without ejecting after writing, you lose files.... same concept, faster bus
  12. D

acually, reading your link, that is exactly what i did, but i got it from the C6100 thread here, IMO, the flash from windows is double check, it's not REQUIRED, but as I see it, it allows another process to check the checksum of the bios, and gives you a chance to "fix it" ; I AM aware the in...
  13. D

sometime in 2009, I forget right now where to check (building some cables) i upgraded one node from 1.05 and 3 nodes from 1.10
  14. D

if you want to try, you must force flash in bios, then reflash in windows; I had to do the same to my DCS unit, and they all took 1.70 well, YMMV, and you risk a dead node. up to you.
  15. D

Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 2U 4-Node (8 CPU) Cloud Server

I really wish I didn't just read this. this is serve the home, and from my short time here, I've come to understand this isn't "colocate the home" ANYONE who've used servers for any period of time, understand they will take ALOT more abuse than most people give credit for. I have a IBM X3550 M1...
  16. D

ghetto shelf hack possible?

I guess i can't get this working quite yet, I may be missing how to connect it, but freeNAS is only giving me 8 disks (via 'gmultipath status') but i can see all 16 drives if i do 'camcontrol devlist' I don't know what i am doing wrong, any advice on how to get this FC-AL going, i'm up for it
  17. D

C6100 extender board USB

usb1 means usb2.0 isn't turned on in the bios, there are 2 usbports that we are taking from the pico, which is under one root hub. don't understand how a hub makes this any simpler, you'd still need a way to connect the hub. Edit : seems element14 messed up my order, double charged me, and...
  18. D

C6100 extender board USB

i don't fully understand the question, but if you need more USB bandwidth, the only way is a pcie card. EDIT, for all the are interested, I ordered enough extra parts for 40 more cables.
  19. D

C6100 extender board USB

well, i guess i can order some more parts and make more cables. i'll put you guys down for some, but that goes over my first quota, so i'm going to order a bunch more supplies, please, PM me if you want me to make some for you, only way i can keep track.
  20. D

C6100 extender board USB

as of now, 9 are spoken for (including yours) it's going to be a few more days, shipping is sucking. I will test every cable on my own c6100. (which, hasn't been fired up yet, too clean :P ) also need to get drives... but that's another story