Search results

1. S

diy low power small footprint server guides

lenove ts140 is also near this price on sale. Would that be better?
  2. S

I'm seeing that dell has the T30 on sale for $299 every few months. I just missed the last sale by a few days! I can wait a few months for the next deal. Any reason not to go for the T30 at 299$. Dell PowerEdge T30 Mini Server: Intel Xeon E3-1225, 1TB HDD $299 + Free Shipping It says it...
  3. S

I think the more I look into this the more I am leening towards the ATX card to save money. Looking into how much power an e5-2600 will use up during idle.
  4. S

So If I understand correctly, the e3-1230v2 setup will perform better than e5-2609 v3 and cost half the price, but very limited by RAM. What would be a comparable e5 in performance and price? Secondly, could I also consider core i3/i5? Someone recommend i5-6500t to me. How does that compare...
  5. S

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look everything up and see if I can cross anything off. The $600 setups you mentioned sound doable, I have the drives, so all I need is the case and power supply. But how much more performance/power savings/future proof am I getting over the $350 setup you mentioned?
  6. S

I'm looking for guides or perhaps a comparison tool to help me pick hardware for a low power small footprint home server. The inspiration is to create a powerful DIY microserver to replace my NAS and provide a little more power/flexibility. requirements: low power usage small footprint 1 gig...