Search results

1. R

Will a e5-4627v2's run on a "x9drg-qf"

I suspect not but I occasionally see these 8c 3.3ghz chips at a decent price. The 10c 3ghz 2690v2 seems like the best price/value to upgrade my old 2670's from but I thought I would ask those who know. I need to accept that the 2697 v2's are going to carry a premium till long after I might...
  2. R

IBM Gobbles up Red Hat for $34B Implications and Possibilities Abound

The big fish eat the small fish. Back when I was upwardly mobile this was pretty much a normal event for me. Then again now that I am working from my basement dungeon it is exactly the same only I will probably be looking for another job when the big fish eats my current little fish. In the...
  3. R

Intel S3500 800GB $129 lots available

As an 8 drive raid 0 in my dungeon the s3500's are just fine. A 4 drive NVME setup is probably better but my disposable income is constrained by swmbo.
  4. R

Intel S3500 800GB $129 lots available

Better price than I collected my 8 600gb s3500s at.
  5. R

Radeon Pro Duo, 32GB gddr5 $450 NEW

Not sure if it is fast but it's got very wide shoulders.
  6. R

What to do when your Billion User Website goes down: Youtube Outage

Quite amazing. I'm never quite sure how they keep it all up and even less sure how it can all be torn down in a single event. Youtube down or app not working? Current status and problems for the UK | Downdetector
  7. R

Your IP is blocked due to DOS attacks...

I keep seeing this and then the screen refreshed and I see the forum as usual once I get my cookie. I don't think I am generating noise. Something odd here.
  8. R

Bloomberg Reports China Infiltrated the Supermicro Supply Chain We Investigate

I tend to believe that a significant portion of the story represents some form of truth. In selecting the News it really isn't necessary to lie. Bad shit is always happening somewhere in the world. What I am really noticing is that the News cycle is ramping up on all things isolationist in...
  9. R

Ideas for a Supermicro RMA?

Our friends at SM are under a bit of financial pressure at the moment but I suspect they are anxious to please their dealer network. Is anyone here on the list that can reach out and make the request on the OP's behalf to someone past tier 1? SM has generally been great with warranty work...
  10. R

Chinese backdoors on Supermicro

If boards had been bugged and a specific chip at a specific location had been identified on a specific motherboard it would be easy and filled with brownie points to include this information in your articles. The lack of anything like this suggests that the authors don't have this little thing...
  11. R

Please review when able: desktop Power9

But do they come with a z/OS license? Would love to play with modern z/OS but IBM makes it darn near unobtainable for hobbyiests.
  12. R

Supermicro boards with bent cpu pins

They have repaired an x9 board for me with damaged cpu pins.
  13. R

Chinese perspective “6 Things Chinese People Should Know About the US-China Trade War” not as subtle as american propaganda but still entertaining.
  14. R

Someone Identified the chip in the picture in the bloomberg story as DPX202500DT-9032A1 : Detailed Information | RF Components and Modules - Diplexers | TDK Product Center Unable to confirm. Read the Bloomberg articles twice. It is amazing how many words you can write...
  15. R

Not quite as cool as the NSA's hard drive firmware hack or as targeted as the US/Israeli attack on Iranian centrifuges but this is fun nonetheless. The whole supply chain issue is a very big deal but practically there is very little anyone can afford to do about it. Against advanced...
  16. R

There were a couple of 3 letter agencies in the U.S. that were grabbing shipments in transit and doing neat things to bug it a while back. Another company's support software gave them access to all the things remotely. Management Interfaces (lmfao) - don't put them on the network. The...
  17. R

I wonder if Bloomberg is going to get hit with libel on this one. Hard to imagine they don't have double sourced facts for an allegation like this.
  18. R

Stock dropped another 41% today... I wonder if I should try catching a knife. Shares of the small server company at the center of a China tech spying scandal shed 41%
  19. R

From my perspective it means that there could be a lot of cheap Supermicro motherboards coming onto fleabay. But I would be sad to lose Supermicro they make some of my favourite unobtanium. It is an odd leak. Hopefully we can get some technical details if actually true. What no one...