Search results

1. A

P3500: no support for NVMe sleep modes

I will go check which models I have, tomorrow probably. @T_Minus let us know if it worked. I can confirm Linux 6.2.x won't support sleep modes for my 3520: Subsystem: Intel Corporation DC P3500 SSD [2.5" SFF] Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 16, NUMA node 0 Memory at...
  2. A

I haven't installed Win11 on that particular system yet. I do have some P4xxx series to test, do you recommend them vs the P35xx series? ex. for a workstation role. I could relegate the P35xx to the server (it doesn't need the most recent or best, I just need the IOPS and latency). Thank you...
  3. A

NVMe sleep works fine with consumer or prosumer drives, at least in my experience. But the Intel P series don't tolerate sleep modes. The controller fails to come back after S3. I checked and no new firmware is available... Guess I will add another drive to one of the cluster hosts ;P
  4. A

I have found out that P3500 drives don't seem to support sleep modes.... after suspending the kernel cries out about how the drive will refuse to reset. Tested with 6.x and 5.x (Linux, obviously). Anyone else has any suggestions or knows of any way to fix it?
  5. A

Radeon Pro WX5100 $105

All gone :-( I want one of these for virtualized Fusion 360/CAD work.
  6. A

HGST UltraStar SS200 7.68TB SAS SSD under 1.5k

Had this for a while already, on anew host with Proxmox and the latest kernel it is reporting speeds 400-500MB/s (SAS3 via expander direct to HBA, X11SPH m/b). Anyone has any advice on what could be causing that?
  7. A

PSA: Obtaining your HBA/device SAS address from within Linux

This saved me a trip to the "basement DC" ;-)
  8. A

EU WTB: GPU for passthrough in SC743 chassis to do Solidworks/CAD/similar

I'm admittedly a bit lost among the options for a virtualized CAD workstation. I need it to fit in a SC743 chassis, and I don't mind a consumer GPU (and high counts for CUDA would be helpful as it might moonlight as a cracking node). What are people using for this and what is the most cost...
  9. A

PSA: Obtaining your HBA/device SAS address from within Linux

I have seen people asking and some of the information online isn't really helpful, as it references tools like lsscsi which might be obsolete in some cases or not installed. Good news is you have all this information in sysfs, no need for extra tools: # cat...
  10. A

Illegal request/can't perform IO on HGST SAS3 SSDs marked IBM-ESXS

Removed Type 2 protection, now they seem to be working fine. Thank you for mentioning it!!! Now on to flashing IT firmware to the built in 3008...
  11. A

Illegal request/can't perform IO on HGST SAS3 SSDs marked IBM-ESXS

Hi, I got a bunch of HGST SAS3 SSDs long ago, and left them unused for a project that I'm finally working on. These are the 400G that used to be popular among us here looking for deals. They are HUSMM1640ASS20E models, connected to a HBA (sold as "OEM LSI 9300-8i" by it-serv-stor on the German...
  12. A

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Does 'permit' support logging for extended ACL rules, or it can only be applied to 'deny'? Warning - permit log is no action. I would like to be able to log permitted matches too, in some cases.
  13. A

SC743 outer rails location/placement on rack posts (which holes hold the ears)

Hi! I'm about to fix the outer rails to the rack posts for a SC743 chassis with the Supermicro rail kit. However, the manual is a bit confusing in regards to the actual position of where the ears of the outer rails go. For example, let's assume I want to put the 4U chassis between 20-24, where...
  14. A

The Best 3.5" to 2.5" adapter that I've seen from Supermicro

These won't fit 15mm SAS3 SSDs, just as a sidenote.
  15. A

OK, is this compatible with the SSH access list as well or it only accepts standard ones?: access-list 1 remark SSH-Protection access-list 1 permit XXX 0.0.0.255 access-list 1 permit host HHH access-list 1 permit host DDD access-list 1 permit ZZZ 0.0.0.255 access-list 1 deny any log That is...
  16. A

For 6450 switches, ACL sequence numbers aren't supported (seems that requires >8.0.60), what is the best way to add new entries to an ACL in that case?
  17. A

Tool-less MCP-220-00080-0B 2.5 to 3.5 caddy: how to convert them to accept 15mm SAS3 SSDs?

Hi! Surely others have had this issue. My MCP-220-00080-0B caddys in a new SC743 chassis don't fit 15mm SAS3 SSDs... they are the tool-less ones, with a clip that can lift and then engage the screw holes in the drive. What are you using to install SAS3 SSDs with 15mm height in those...
  18. A

CSE-743TQ-903B-SQ and SAS3 backplane CSE-SAS-743TQ (SAS3 or SAS2?)

I would have bitten that offer if it wasn't for the shipping+customs fees. Politicians as usual screw up the game for everyone else (then again politicians come out of the society that elects them, so that says something about the rest of us). I have migrated the HW into the new 743AC-1200B-SQ...