Search results

1. O

HP Smart Socket Removal?

Just rip it off with your hands, it's cheap glue/double sided adhesive. I didn't even realize this is a smart socket - I figured it was just some kind of protective corner guard when I got second hand CPUs. No wonder it took a bit of plastic pry tools to pop off.
  2. O

So I bought a winterfell node

Ordered one of these that supports E5-2678V3. And picked up a couple DIY breakout boards Breakout Board Adapter compatible with HP 1200 watt DPS-1200FB | Parallel Miner With 14AWG wire, you would only need to run 2 positive, and 2 negative from this breakout board (20amp max on 14awg for less...
  3. O

SUPERMICRO 64GB SATA SMC SATADOM - $29.99

I ordered 2 of them, i'll see how I can make it work with the Quanta Windmills. Plenty of places for get 5v from, 12v would have been ideal.
  4. O

Darn, means i'd need to run a buck converter from 12v to 5v off molex lines. Too much hassle at that point.
  5. O

Does anyone know if these run off 12v,5v,3.3v. I know super-micros have these, and you can probably even run a fan off the generic 2pin connector - but I haven't had access to plug something in and measure. Would love to use these for Open Compute nodes, and just tap into the molex wires.
  6. O

Place your post asic Monero network hashrate bet.

Some people are doing the math based on the last 20 blocks after the big fork. Current estimate is ~160MH/s on the new fork. Old Asic chain is being rebranded to XMR Classic (XMC) some say.
  7. O

Who still mining?

Anyway, back to the topic that this thread was created for. Yes, I am still mining - and the recent PoW algorithm changes is going to present an opportunity for miners again while botnets and asics will need to retool for the PoW change. The most promising right now is SUMO that brought...
  8. O

First test for the Sumo fork.

My current setup was 21KH/s mining on average $17 a day during this blood bath of a dip in crypto. With Sumo it's now 11KH/s, 20% power consumption, and about $30 a day at the current low difficulty as the network stabilizes. Now is a very good time to turn everything on and mine Sumo. This...
  9. O

You know what. I do appear to actually having less wattage spent on all my machines after using a clamp meter. I'd say it's about a 20% reduction in watts across all servers total. Went from 20KH/s cummulative, to about 11KH/s. And given that the current profitability of Sumo is 4x other...
  10. O

That's a shame. My RX550 are performing 50% unfortunately. I used to get ~450-500 per RX550 2GB - but I can now see the limitations they run into being the lower memory variant. Most I can squeeze out after tweaking is ~1650 H/s for 7x RX550. Granted, I think I might spin up all my miners and...
  11. O

Not all pools are up to date with forks. Give sumo.fairpool.cloud a try - they seem to be at the proper block height. Wow... My 7x RX550 rig is doing so poorly too. HASHRATE REPORT - AMD | ID | 10s | 60s | 15m | ID | 10s | 60s | 15m | | 0 | 188.6 | 188.4 | (na) | 1 |...
  12. O

No change in power usage either, in my supermicro's dual node. 2x E5-2450L = 300 H/s @ 140 watts So that's 600 H/s @ 280 Watts, which used to be 1300 H/s @ 280 watts.
  13. O

Wow... hashrate really is 50%. on an open compute E5-2660. Used to get ~850 or so. root@oc-node01:/usr/local/bin# ./xmrig -c config.json * VERSIONS: XMRig/2.6.0-beta1 libuv/1.8.0 gcc/7.1.0 * HUGE PAGES: available, enabled * CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2660 0 @ 2.20GHz (1) x64...
  14. O

At the same time, a few coins are stating they will remain PoW unchanged. Such as KRB - which also seems to have an active developer - they were the first implement changes to combat pulse mining. I think at some point while ASICs ruin mining for the average joe. It does strengthen the network...
  15. O

From what I understand Sumo is doing their own algo implementation. Not Monero or Aeon. Their approach is to switch the algo once and hope it deters ASICs as opposed to 6month small tweaks. Infact it's called cryptonight-heavy probably for that reaaon. With that 4mb scratch pad, it's going to...
  16. O

How fast can you get out to fiat?

To go to fiat, this would imply there are buyers for the tokens you own. If this crystal ball was like anything with early indicators in the stock market - enough people following the same indicators would cause a cascading panic sell or correction. Buyers would pull their buy orders noticing...
  17. O

Who still mining?

Might be worth turning things back on in the next few days for Monero / AEON. With the chaos it will cause even for casual users to switch to the new algo (not everyone uses xmrig or xmrstak). You can expect the difficulty to be 50% what of what is has been the last few months.
  18. O

Baikal Giant-N cryptonight/cryptonight-lite ASIC.......

This is some top shelf shilling right here. Joined today, claims to have $30,000 in ASICs.
  19. O

Building Coin/pool switching software for Cryptonight Coins - what coins/pools would you pick?

New version of xmrig-proxy will live reload on config file changes. Save you some headache with having to manage service state.
  20. O

Place your post asic Monero network hashrate bet.

xmrig has yet to PR the enhancement v7 branch to master. same with xmr-stak I think. So it should all work fine whenever those changes are put into master for those projects. Config may need to be changed, but I think it defaults to v7 from now on.