Search results

1. C

Optane P4800X 1.5TB - $629 - 0 hours

what are the write IOPS like for random 4K on a plain old 2x link?
  2. C

Fusion-io ioDrive 2 1.2TB Reference Page

so is that what dmks does every time updates update the kernel?
  3. C

For that matter i have a 3tb iodrive, would i be the first to try it on PopOs?
  4. C

finding a poe+ passthrough switch to go downstream from a poe++ switch?

oh snap, i looked at that one and saw the dc jack and assumed it it required 120v, just saw the diagrams, wow it's labeled poorly too just says poe on the face. do guys think i can get greedy? can i find one like that that is netgear brand and managed? EDIT: would it even matter!? supplies by...
  5. C

amazon, have found any. merely need an upgraded version of what i use currently https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J8NAWZ8/ which will NOT work because it takes poe+ in and spits out poe.
  6. C

so i want/need a a little poe powered switch that puts OUT poe+, which would mean it would need poe++ IN to run it's self and a few devices. i've found some poe++ switches that can push 60 watts per port.
  7. C

while i don't use the fusion io in esxi i do use nvidia grid K1s, i run esxi 6.5 u2/u3 BUT, i run VCSA/vSphere 7 management controller
  8. C

server 2019 tierd storage vs unraid vs stablebit

sounds like i'll be fine with an all SDD array unraid then
  9. C

server 2019 tierd storage vs unraid vs stablebit

server 2019 tierd storage vs unraid i've heard good things about tierd storage
  10. C

i wanna buy a mini ITX amd board with 10G nic

yeah i figured i'd have to spend $1000 :-/
  11. C

GOOD LORD that reminds of me of the OLD AMD MOAR CORES meme That's a lot of cores for a little ITX gaming system or server. I'm sure even a first gen ryzen would be faster than my i7 3770T PassMark - Intel Core i7-3770T @ 2.50GHz - Price performance comparison but, if could do a 3600 (x)...
  12. C

so far it's the only AMD based board with 10G and IPMI/BMC. Even the $500 EPYC boards are only 1G. IDEALLY you want as many features on board so as to not need or save the PCIe for something else. Like RAID with external SAS or a Graphics Card for transcoding. (God forbid Blue Iris support AMD...
  13. C

Serve The Home has articles on several itx Epyc boards. i have not heard of any socket ITX epyc boards, idk how that would even be cooled nor would it work for me. as rocks website says it does. hopefully they don't go back on that
  14. C

it doesn't have to be ryzen, epyc would be fine too. i might have to settle for $500 epyc board and use a pcie ribbon cable with an intel x550
  15. C

and a BMC would be great. are consumer boards it? i saw supermicro has board out and as rock has one but, it's not in stock anywhere. are consumer ryzen boards IT?
  16. C

$15 -- Netgear GS908E - 8-port Gigabit Consumer-grade managed switch

any good at passing traffic for an HTPC, Console and some workstations? or is the downside on price the throughput?
  17. C

Fusion-io 3.2 TB PCI-E ioScale Internal SSD

yuuuuup that's what i'm learning, i'm trying to read through the read me, usually this stuff is over my head. snuf/iomemory-vsl
  18. C

oh boy, i din't not realize this before i bought one. i dual boot. i manage fine for gaming but, have never had any luck with self compiling drivers. i'm on 18.04 :eek::oops: EDIT: made my self a thread, https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2436178&p=13929120#post13929120
  19. C

Fusion-io 3.2 TB PCI-E ioScale Internal SSD

it should just show up in ubuntu?
  20. C

AMD EPYC Rome CPU via HPE 'upgrade' very cheap

didn't Lisa Sue hint that were struggling a little bit to meet demand as well. idk if it was coreteks on youtube or gamersnexus but, while not as bad as intel they were trying to scale out chip fab. the Epyc market show has been growing rapidly too.