Search results

1. V

Maybe the smallest all M.2 NAS?

Reddit Thread Google image search provides some clues as to its origin and derivatives
  2. V

VM Freezing with 100% CPU in ProxMox 8.03 after about 5 days - anyone else?

Seems its a known bug. Ill see if I can find you the info. Edit: Discussed here. https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/proxmox-8-0-kernel-6-2-x-100-cpu-issue-with-windows-server-2019-vms.130727/page-7 Check the earlier posts. Seems upgrade to testing kernel 6.5.x should suffice as a short term...
  3. V

Running server off portable solar panels?

Check out Wolfgang's channel for some good ideas on low power servers.
  4. V

Server Query

Depending on how the system is to be supported and based on the little info provided, I would follow the hardware specs recommended. Not necessarily as provided by the supplier. Support providers are always looking for excuses to pass the buck (responsibility). Best to give as little opportunity...
  5. V

Looking for reasonable prices 3U/4U storage server case with 120/140mm fans

Sliger CX31501? Wendel recently covered a build with a similar form factor.
  6. V

Poolsman - ZFS Web GUI for Linux based on Cockpit

Nice work. You may consider adding ssd wear rate to the topology page.
  7. V

Survey - what kind of pre-built home server would you like ?

Modular, expandable, compatible and upgradeable.
  8. V

Netgate removed all mention of pfSense from their website + Major Regressions in pfSense 2.5 and newer

I'm with Layla on this one. Having used PFSense since Monowall , I'm a little disappointed. And without knowing the details and following the machination closely, looks to me like another case corporate greed built on open source.
  9. V

7H12 in small form factor custom build

So many cores.
  10. V

Windows Server 2016 or 2019?

2019 has Ansible integration / support. That would be my motivation.
  11. V

What are you using Proxmox for?

The biggest deciding factor? Opensource. As in, likely more in charge of my IT destiny. Sharing of knowledge. Web interface, no proprietary app. + cli, ssh and management via Ansible. Typically using non-subscription. Seems mostly adequate, and of course its Debian. Debian = Options, mostly...
  12. V

Is an Intel NUC still relevant in 2020 for homelabbers?

Using a i5 NUC with 32 GB RAM for my Proxmox test box. NVME + SSD. Works great. Cheap to buy (relatively), cheap to run, easy to transport. Most of our customer new desktops are now NUCs for many of the same reasons.
  13. V

Need help with HP server

Remove and re-seat all the hardware, RAM, PCI cards maybe even the CPU. Had something similar this weekend. Crypto mining machine had been off for some months. No boot. Re-seated everything and got it running. Sold the Vega65 within hours! Good luck
  14. V

ESXI to Proxmox

Not that I've seen but its been some years. In earlier days the vmdk files could be copied from esx to proxmox after building the machine on proxmox as a fairly painless method of migration. In more recent times I have backed up to shared storage like a NAS and restored from there even using the...
  15. V

ESXI to Proxmox

Yes about 10 years ago. Couldn't be happier. Different VM OS's. Run both Hypervisors in parallel if possible and take your time.