Search results

1. D

Cannot connect to Napp-it - error 2 instances of service

Hey, I've been going about a year without any maintenance. My last thread was here where I did a server update. OmniOS was a fresh install of 151038, Napp-it was a fresh install, and I'm using 21.01b9. A few weeks ago I was no longer able to connect to my Napp-it device. From my mac I can...
  2. D

Cannot login via web to Napp-it

@gea Hello, I've been using Napp-it since around 2013, and luckily for me I don't have to do much, it just works. Folders are currently shared over my network via AFP to my iMac. I use a gen7 HP micro server as a NAS for additional storage and streaming movies. I have not been able to...
  3. D

LX Zones in OmniOS for DLNA Server

This could probably be a post in several other threads, but I thought I'd just start a new one. One thing I want is a DLNA server on my OmniOS server. MediaTomb add-on does play content, but as a UPNP server it does not support fast forward, rewind, etc of media. Most people would hope to set...
  4. D

Performance testing

I'm having some performance issues streaming video from my NAS and I'd like to identify where the problem is. Last night I was trying to watch a 4.2GB 1080p MP4 movie on an AppleTV2 outputting 720p. Several times during the movie the stream would stop to buffer. In some cases the AppleTV...
  5. D

Napp-it : want to migrate rPool from mirrored USB to single SSD... how?

Can anyone tell me how to migrate my root pool from a mirrored set of USB drives to a single SSD? I've gone to disks and initialized the SSD...
  6. D

Napp it user seeking help

Hi guys. I set up napp-it a couple years ago and am running it off two USB drives (16GB and 32GB Patriot Xporter Rage USB 2.0) on an HP micro server N54L. It serves as my backup server for photos, music, documents and media server. I'm not an expert by any means, but so far I've loved it and...
  7. D

Napp-it + munin

Directed at Gea: is there any possibility that you could integrate Munin (the way mediatomb is) for future versions of Napp-it? All data is accessed through a web interface, so I wonder if it could be part of Napp-it, or if it would be (necessarily) separate? Munin (network monitoring...
  8. D

Transmission client w/ Napp-it

Is it possible to install the Transmission client? There is also a remote web client for transmission, so I could access/control it remotely from a web browser. I found a tutorial that shows how to install it with EON https://sites.google.com/site/eonstorage/...
  9. D

Apple abandons AFP

Apple shifts from AFP file sharing to SMB2 in OS X 10.9 Mavericks Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 06:57 pm Apple shifts from AFP file sharing to SMB2 in OS X 10.9 Mavericks By Daniel Eran Dilger In OS X Mavericks, Apple will begin migrating from its own legacy Apple Filing Protocol to...
  10. D

Tuning AFP on Napp-it for more speed

So I'm just now trying out my wired connection speeds between my mac (OS X 10.8, 10/100/1000 ethernet), through my Apple TimeCapsule (10/100/1000) via Cat5e cable, to my HP Proliant micro server. The server is running 4 hard drives in Raid-Z1 mode - which I have chosen for capacity more than...
  11. D

Napp-it : where is the Avahi Service Definition file?

I noticed that (unlike FreeNas) when I share a ZFS folder over AFP from Napp-it, it shows up in my finder with the icon of an iMac. I read this blog post that mentions changing the icon in the finder side-bar to look like a server or something other than an iMac by modifying the afpt.service...
  12. D

Setting up AFP share in Napp-it

I'm running Napp-it to go (latest) and have a Mac (Mountain Lion 10.8). I'm trying to create an online backup for the mac. In Napp-it I've managed to create a pool from 4 disks, and make a ZFS filesystem (folder) on that pool. I then created a new local user/password, turned on AFP sharing...
  13. D

Napp-it ACLSET requires registration?

I'm trying to change the ACL settings for one of the users of a shared ZFS folder. I get the following error when trying to change from "modify_set) I need to register Napp-it to change the user sharing settings?
  14. D

Help me I'm dumb

I am trying to mirror my boot disk. My boot disk is a 16GB flash USB drive. My intended mirror disk is a 32GB flash USB drive. I am using Napp-it (omniOS). [Menu] Disks -> Mirror Boot Disk I choose c5t0d0s0 to mirror my boot disk (c2t0d0s0). I get the following error. It says my USB disk...
  15. D

Mac OSX inside OmniOS (Solaris)?

Saw this on OmniOS's site Trying to understand KVM, and OmniOS capabilities... Can I run virtual machines (in "Zones?") in OmniOS? In Wikipedia I found this under KVM Is it therefore possible to run OsX under OmniOS? More importantly, is it possible to run OSX under OmniOS on an HP...
  16. D

HP Microserver/ VMWare configuration

I have an HP micro server, would the following configuration be possible? 1) install ESXi to a USB flash drive, and make it the primary boot device on the internal USB port [I have already accomplished this] 2) install OmniOS + Napp-it to a 16GB partition on a 32GB USB flash drive in a...
  17. D

Trouble with TLS

So I had a little tough time setting up TLS, because the package wasn't in the default repo, so I had to add that (as per this post) I then just followed the directions within Napp-it and set up TLS for Gmail message sending, but it gives me an error when I test it. root:~# pkg set-publisher...
  18. D

Possible to edit spelling mistakes in menu of Napp-it?

Hello Gea, is it possible for us to edit (or submit to you) to correct spelling and grammar in the menu system of Napp-it?
  19. D

Napp-it 4k sector size creating spool?

I read this here: HP N36L MicroServer with Nexenta & Napp-IT | Terabytes I'm just wondering if it's still true that the zpool binary in Napp-it still uses 512 byte sector offset, or if it uses newer 4kb sector size? Do I need to do anything with the most recent napp-it (13b) to create 4K...
  20. D

DAAP server for OmniOS?

I'm really hoping that OmniOS (& Napp-it/Napp-it to go) will be my "cup of tea". So far everything looks good, a perfect solution for my soho/home NAS needs - but one thing that seems missing is the ability to use a DAAP server. FreeNAS has Firefly media server (based off of mt-daapd), and while...