Search results

1. B

Hard drive setup for hosting multiple VMs?

What torrent client do you use? I setup deluge and the cache settings seem pretty limited. No apparent way to point caching to a specific location.
  2. B

Just for clarification, is the over provisioning done on the controller, hypervisor or on each VM? I have a pair of 500gb SSDs in Raid 1 in ESXI and have set them up as single data store. Not sure what is the ideal way to setup OP.
  3. B

Do you use a ram disk for caching? Any recommended size?
  4. B

Thanks, you running in RAID 1?
  5. B

The torrent VM will be writing/reading files to a separate datastore, will it still affect IO on the SSDs significantly?
  6. B

I am building a new home server in SuperMicro SC846 with ESXi for virtualization. The initial plan is to spin up the following virtual machines: - Windows 2012 Plex Server with DVR - BlueIris NVR - PiHole - Ubuntu VM for torrent client - UniFi controller - Reverse Proxy - 1-2 rotating...
  7. B

Quiet Rackmount Server

Sorry, gotcha. Ann Arbor/Detroit Area in Michigan.
  8. B

Quiet Rackmount Server

I am located in the US. Most the stuff I see on Ebay are prebuilt servers from The Server Store. Not even sure what reasonable prices are for these components because I am finding so few examples for sale. I am fine spending a little extra to be quieter and more power efficient. Would like to...
  9. B

Quiet Rackmount Server

Okay, so it sounds like I would be better off buying a chassis and parts separately if I the 846 chassis is the way to go for me. Are there any good sites for Supermicro stuff? Searching hasn't turned up much other than the 846 servers on ebay.
  10. B

Quiet Rackmount Server

I do not have anything other than hard drives for the new server. I thought the 846 stuff I was looking at on had processors, board and ram included.
  11. B

Quiet Rackmount Server

I recently got a full 42U rack for my home server and networking and want to replace my existing tower server to a rackmount server. I was initially looking at Dell R7X0 and R5X0 series servers but I have heard some conflicting comments about noise and power consumption. I do not need it...