Search results

1. X

AEON price is falling but difficulty is rising

Assuming I had a botnet granting control to a large number of smartphones, laptops and aging desktops, then I would instruct all nodes to mine something that is more CPU and Smartphone mineable than XMR at this point. There's no point in trying to compete with all the Vegas out there, even if...
  2. X

Historic day..... STH Aeon ten percent global!

Congratulations Did we really manage to pool 800k Raspery Pis? There's always some overclocker somewhere. I bet it's not even 700k RPIs.
  3. X

China to exit the Crypto Currency Mining market

bribery is criminal and lobbying is established practice.
  4. X

Intense Coin CPU Mining

ETN had quite a bit of a difficulty increase over the last few days, so if you're running from AEON's rising diff you're likely too late at ETN. If you're looking for an ETN pool, etn.spacepools.org worked nice the last month. ITNS official pool and hashvault both keep resetting connections to...
  5. X

STH Aeon Mining Pool Beta Access

Maybe I'll join, too.
  6. X

Gpu and cpu hashrates

Core i7-6700HQ has 405H/s on AEON and 80H/s on XMR. While the Xeons I posted data for earlier all have ~1/3 XMR to AEON, this mobile i7 has less than 1/5 XMR to AEON.
  7. X

Gpu and cpu hashrates

I'm using xmr-stak. CPU mining is done with as much threads as there are cores for XMR, and twice that number for AEON. GPU mining uses the generated defaults.
  8. X

Gpu and cpu hashrates

Dual Xeon E5-2630v3 (16c, 2.4-2.6Ghz) AEON: 2380H/s XMR: 730H/s Single Xeon E5-2630v2 (6c, 2.6-2.9Ghz) AEON: 1160H/s XMR: 330H/s Xeon E3-1260L (4c, 2.4-2.5Ghz) AEON: 675H/s XMR: 220H/s GeForce 980 (???, ???) AEON 930H/s XMR 405H/s
  9. X

Current AEON profitability

Well, network hash rate increased quite a bit yesterday. Was 18, now it's 24 ;)
  10. X

Mining Burst coins?

If the HDDs spindle up and down every 4 minutes because that's all you use them for, most WD green disks won't live to see their ROI. "Higher quality" storage might live longer but nevertheless that usage pattern kills your disk alot faster than permanent non-sequencial IO would do. Once the...
  11. X

CPU mining on debian?

the -lz reads "libz.so", which is a library file that cannot be found. The zlib1g package that can be installed via apt get should provide the missing library I think (package content)
  12. X

CPU mining on debian?

The cpuminer-multi binary used to be called "minerd" in the past, I'm quite suprised to see they changed it. It's usually built in the last command invoked by make. You can rebuild the miner by running either make clean all or make clean && make all in the build directory (the directory you...
  13. X

Monero Pricing and What to do with XMR Thread

MinerGate ? That pool has been continually accused to be taking more fees than it claims to, but it is nevertheless one of the largest pools around, and it's missing in the chart. As @funkywizard already wrote, miners with significant hashing power should be running their own pools anyway. At...