Search results

1. A

Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 2U 4-Node (8 CPU) Cloud Server

Wow your server will get baked before noon with that enclosure. I'm actually surprised to see people buy these servers to be used at home. I really think you should buy portable quarter rack and hookup your servers to it as for the noise, you may switch the fans or simply find a place to host...
  2. A

I can't thank you enough for your detailed information. I actually just came back from the datacenter and while I was there I monitored power usage for both nodes (one with PCI18 and one with PCI16) and I found they are consuming about the same amount of power (each node takes 1 AMP)...
  3. A

Thanks man I really appreciate your help. I live in Canada and every box I buy from U.S I have to pay extra $100 - $200 for customs! so it would be much eiser just to replace the card and cables at this point. The box with FBC PCI16 works fine and it's not loud (I don't really care much...
  4. A

So did you manage to solve the problem with the cables? where you able to buy them? I'm planning to buy one FBC PCI18 from ebay but I have to get 3 different cable types to connect them. Please let me know when you can. Thank you. Adam
  5. A

C6100 fan always at full speed without any load

Did anyone managed to solve this issue? I'm having the same error mine is PCI16 and the fix is only for PCI18 I could not update my first node (PCI16), but I managed to fix my second node because it's PCI18.
  6. A

Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 Firmware Updated

Thanks guys. I actually tried root/root but that did not work, I also did reset the password via ipmi tool but still won't let me in, then I had to revert back (using IPMI tool copied the image from another node & restored it) then I was okay. But today I was able to upgrade my nodes from 1.04...
  7. A

yes, Upgraded using the command afudos 6100v170.ROM /p /b /n /c /x and it was successful. I did not upgrade the BMC as last time I did it it changed the GUI to Dell like Style and i was unable to login, too me a while to figure out a way to take BMC image backup from different node and...
  8. A

i'm on the same boat as you are. It seems like we have to update via DOS as Windows executable doss not work. you are lucky to have 1.62 my BIOS is 1.04 which was the first release and I'm having issues to make it to work with 10GB Ethernet NICs. Other nodes with 1.5 BIOS version works fine, I...