Search results

1. G

Cheapest way to interconnect SFP+ and 10Gbase-T?

“The cheapest switches I can find that have both SFP+ and 10GBase-T are ~$1K and have way more 10GBase-T ports than I need (e.g. this TP-LINK). ” Really agree with this, I find one 10Gbase-t switch in an blog is FS S3700-24T4S, but it comes with QSFP+ port, not SFP+, which is definitely not...
  2. G

Looking for a good deal on 10G RJ45 switch with at least 1 10G SPF+ port

I have seen some guys said he used 10G RJ45 SFP+ module for home use on reddit, and it works fine. But I cannot find the link now, sorry.o_O
  3. G

Uniboot fiber

"I hat some broken fibers in the last shipment and there reaction was just ridiculous." So you have got your uniboot fiber cable?
  4. G

Switch recommendation: Smart/Managed gigabit, SFP/SFP+, homelab use

As for your demand, find this two switches: FS S2800-24T4F Fanless managed switch with 4 combo SFP slots, $209; FS S3700-24T4S 24-Port managed switch with 4 SFP+ port, $289 It seems that they have warehouse in Europe. :)
  5. G

Uniboot fiber

Compared with “classic” fiber cables, uniboot fiber cable occupies less space during installation, with its special connector. For me, if there are numbers of cables in the 40GbE connection, I would choose uniboot fiber, as you said, they are not expensive. :)
  6. G

Quanta LB6M to Mellanox Connectx-2 fiber connection

Find this one on ebay: 10Gbe 10GB SFP+ transceiver for Quanta LB6M LB4M 10GB 24-Port SFP Switch 60Days | eBay As for the fiber cables, the choice provided by the guy above seems good. :)
  7. G

Arista 7050S - 100mbit through rj45-sfp?

The 10/100/1000base-t SFP RJ45 module do work with SFP+ port on Arista 7050S, no problem.
  8. G

What is your favourite simple, unmanaged switch?

Compared to unmanaged switch, managed switches are more common in my work, if you need advice about managed ones, maybe I could offer some advice~~ However, unmanaged switch is more simple and not expensive, just get brand one, it's won't let you down. :D
  9. G

Running out of 10g ports on Brocade ICX 6610, what to do?

sell this one, get a different switch altogether which will satisfy the growing needs? For me, I would get another 10G switch using with the existing one. Meet today's and tomorrow's need. :)
  10. G

SFP Copper module for Gigabyte MZ31-AR0

Or you can get some cheap ones on ebay. ;)
  11. G

D-Link DGS-1100-05 Grounding

Find this manual of grounding DGS-1100-08 switch, maybe it will help you.
  12. G

QSFP-QSFP Cables - are they all the same?

"So, in the infiniband world, are all QSFP cables equally compatible? Or, must I buy something that is explicitely Mellanox compatible because each vendor is doing their own thing?" Manufacturers like Cisco, Dell, Arista have their own code for their optical modules in the market. As the market...