Search results

1. S

Building Coin/pool switching software for Cryptonight Coins - what coins/pools would you pick?

The point at which anyone chooses to sell any coin is arbitrary and isn’t, at least in my opinion, a relevant measure here. Even if we had 100% consensus of everyone on the pool to sell immediately upon confirmation on the chain, we still would be price takers. A whale could jump in and take...
  2. S

Building Coin/pool switching software for Cryptonight Coins - what coins/pools would you pick?

The goal of this project is to automatically switch to, and ultimately predict, the most profitable coin at any given time. Difficulty can vary significantly per every block whereas price fluctuations are not directly related to any specific difficulty at any given time (although the case can be...
  3. S

STH xmrig-proxy for Docker

Am I reading this correctly: it is possible for one pool to mine more than one coin (via connecting to multiple coin daemons simultaneously, as you mentioned)? If this is the case, that’s awesome! Also, wouldn’t this make it relatively easy to track and credit miners for what they’ve actually...
  4. S

Another new coin that I mined for fun, talk about a ride.

Did you guys see that the bid depth went inverted a few hours ago? 220M @ 3 instead of where that volume usually is at 1....
  5. S

Crypto Blood Bath? Mining ideas...

This is Docker Cluster? Same/better than Docker Swarm or Kubernetes?? This looks like exactly what I need!
  6. S

STH AEON xmrig 1MB L3 cache Docker miner testing

Running 16.04 LTS with hardware access in the cloud....yes. Almost 4x multiple. I only have one Skylake build on-prem and I don’t have the chip yet.
  7. S

STH AEON xmrig 1MB L3 cache Docker miner testing

I can confirm @Joel ‘s stats. Exactly the same delta I’m getting for 2x 2680v2
  8. S

Crypto Blood Bath? Mining ideas...

I wish it were just a theory. Also to consider is big firms and/or those with huge positions applying pressure on the futures themselves to drive prices where they want them to be as settlement approaches. There are numerous ways to achieve this and I’ve seen it happen consistently.
  9. S

Thanks for the insight, somehow I missed that exchange between the core dev and those really trying to pull of the rebase. I’m scripting my rigs to solo mine ETN right now and probably will give that a shot for a few weeks until difficulty doubles again. I still believe in AEON and could switch...
  10. S

Do you know whether TRTL is directly related to smooth_xmr in any way?
  11. S

Coinbase problems

If a little oversight of scam ICOs and crapcoins leads to wider adoption of legit crypto and further decentralizes transfers perhaps into micro-exchanges along with P2P swaps and business adoption then I’m all for it. I currently view recent news ramblings as a net positive - both for crypto...
  12. S

AEON Mining Performance

Wow I don’t see how they didn’t get wet. Only thing I can think of is maybe his fans are spinning fast enough to remove the humidity in real-time. And you’re absolutely right. I need to brush up on my electrical because I have no idea how that’s sustainable (obvious hazards not withstanding).
  13. S

AEON Mining Performance

I’m not exactly sure. For example, there were a few quotes from last June suggesting a 1080 optimized just to mine for like 350. And recently I read that they were impossible to get without significant quantity. I’ll look into it over the weekend, although my best guess is nVidia is probably...
  14. S

AEON Mining Performance

Thank you for this! I hope this guy is inland. On the coast it rains sideways for 30 minutes a day during the summer. Salinity would be my biggest concern. And no way on earth homeowner’s is touching this setup of anything does happen. I didn’t check but I wonder if this was shot...
  15. S

AEON Mining Performance

I'm in southwest FL ... Heat is the only thing that's free down here!
  16. S

AEON Mining Performance

If the nVidia pool moves forward, would anyone here be interested in pooling (lol) our resources and mass ordering some of the headless GPUs? We've certainly done a great job here with CPUS; I'd me more than happy to devote some energy to this if we could engage enough of us to support a...
  17. S

How many people are mining on NVIDIA 10 series GPUs?

I have 6x P100, 14x P40, and old M60s & K80s that I can switch over. I was using them for ETH when idle and switched them to your AEON pool before difficulty doubled in a day. I was going to switch them back to ETH tonight or tomorrow as it is about 60-80% more profitable. @Patrick I'll leave...
  18. S

Current AEON profitability

These are some great observations... I just ran some crude stochastics against a daily chart ( vs. BTC ) with few other ranges. From a technical standpoint ONLY, it could have a little more short-term upside but statistically it is still within a range that could very well stay in place unless...
  19. S

STH Aeon Mining Pool Beta Access

Hi @Patrick, First time caller long time listener.... Thank you for the tremendous amount of content and information you continue to provide. I'd love to give this is a shot if you could please PM me with the details! Also, I'm thinking of running your Docker containers for CPU AEON and GPU...