Search results

1. C

Flashing switch firmware with flashrom

I have a T2600-28GS switch which for whatever reason does not save the config anymore. It still has the initial configuration I made when I set it up for the first time and it always falls back to that no matter how often I hit "save config" or reset it. Firmware is already the latest one and...
  2. C

Bios vs BMC beep tones

I have an Intel 1200BTL motherboard with Xeon E3-1200v2 processor which sadly started beeping a few hours ago during boot. It beeps shortly six times and then remains silent. I'm not sure though if the beeps come from the BIOS or BMC. I guess it should be the BMC since in this case the beep...
  3. C

Looking for quiet server PSU ~500W

I recently bought one of those: Quanta Cheap E5-2600 (LGA 2011) Sixteen Core Cloud Server (Configure-To-Order) I replaced the fans with larger ones otherwise it sounds like a jet engine but the PSU (Chicony 10-500P1A) is still rather noisy even when the system is idle. Since the server currently...
  4. C

EU Dual E5-2600 Foxconn Server £250

Does anyone know if these ones : Quanta Cheap E5-2600 (LGA 2011) Sixteen Core Cloud Server (Configure-To-Order) can be used with v2 processors? There are v1 and v2 revisions of the board and I first wanted to buy a board with v1 processors and maybe later upgrade to v2. The question is if this...