Search results

1. P

Mem-Store Discounted Memory

They aren't manufacturing their own ICs right? Who's chips are they using micron, Samsung, hynix?
  2. P

4TB Samsung 2.5-in SSD (SATA & NVMe) for sale

Isn't that drive only rated for 2.4PB?
  3. P

SanDisk CloudSpeed Eco 1.92TB 2.5" SATA $120

I think using a filesystem with higher write amplification is a good first step something like zfs.
  4. P

Super cheap LSI SAS3 controller

I'll have to look more closely.
  5. P

Super cheap LSI SAS3 controller

Link for reflashing guide?
  6. P

EXPIRED Dell R340 w/ E-2278G, 32GB DDR4 - $375 + $65 shipping

What's a server generation between friends...
  7. P

512 GB Intel Optane DDR4-2666 RDIMM PMEM NMA1XBD512GQS

No clue on that specific board. But I started reading up on using these on my r740xd and it seeming like there are tons of unsupported configurations. Obviously you need a 2nd gen scalable. Also, if you only use 1x cpu you can only use 128gb dcpmm for some reason. There were other restrictions...
  8. P

Poolsman - ZFS Web GUI for Linux based on Cockpit

Anyone else feel like asking a yearly fee for something like this is clownshoes? Maybe I am just spoiled by all the other free software we get in the world. I could see a 1 time fee as possible if it was a really nice tool, but yearly for a homegamer seems like a tough sell.
  9. P

SanDisk CloudSpeed Eco 1.92TB 2.5" SATA $120

If you find bugs I have found the developer very helpful with fixing them.
  10. P

Intel Optane 900p 280GB 100 USD

I actually ended canceling my order after sleeping on it. The 280GB is just too small for the price and I already have a couple of these already tbh. I use them as a temp drive for the "arr stack to download and uncompress before going on rust. Also for a jellyfish cache location.
  11. P

EXPIRED Mellanox ConnectX-6 2x100GbE NIC for $229

That has to be close to a $100k order...
  12. P

I figured this is a decent price and it isn't like they are making more of them so there is the fomo aspect.
  13. P

In for 3 as well.
  14. P

Dell r740xd RAM Issues

Seems like a tick (or is it a tock); where the first release on a platform is more limited for ram than the seconds. ie v1/v3/ What about 1rx4 would that work on 1st gen scaleable?
  15. P

Dell r740xd RAM Issues

Interesting, thank you for the insight.
  16. P

Dell r740xd RAM Issues

Using a 6132, so first gen scalable. Not using regular dram, rdimms throughout here.
  17. P

Dell r740xd RAM Issues

That might be the problem, strange though, even the r730 supports 32GB 2rx4 and 2rx8 rdimms per the technical datasheet. I do see where you got your information from but it is a strange limitation. It is also unfortunate that 1st gen scalable doesn't support 64gb rdimms; only lrdimms.
  18. P

Dell r740xd RAM Issues

I have an r740xd (well vxrail p570f, same difference) I have some random micron 16gb rdimms (2666 and 3200 variants) I am running currently. I am trying to upgrade to 32gb rdimms. I buy a mixed lot of hynix/samsung 32gb pc4-3200aa rdimms on ebay. None of the new 32gb rdimms are recognized by my...
  19. P

Ebay - HGST - Used 10TB SAS HDD - $62.89

Do I need to reformat these to 512? Pn calls out 4k firmware. I have the 52/512e version already and want to add these.
  20. P

"Renewed" 14TB for $119.00 on AMZ (DC HC530)

That is why I test every drive in the door on arrival. If you can't dedicate the time immediately to testing you shouldn't be buying used parts. Their response is horrible but there are systems in place to make sure their accountable but only if you act in a reasonable timeframe.