Search results

1. System48

WTB: 2-3KVA UPS [NYC]

Not sure how much you're wanting to spend but you may want to check out the HPE models listed on ebay, they're rebadged Eaton. There's a couple sellers that list refurbished and new/old stock units for decent prices.
  2. System48

FS: New Micron 5300 PRO 480GB 2.5in SSDs

Microns warranty legalese isn't the easiest to parse but the drives are listed as having a 5 year warranty. https://www.micron.com/support/sales-support/returns-and-warranties/enterprise-ssd-warranty
  3. System48

FS: New Micron 5300 PRO 480GB 2.5in SSDs

The drives had been purchased for a storage upgrade that was put off for the last few months but I'm now going in different direction. I'm in the Cincinnati, OH area, local pickup available otherwise USPS Priority Flat rate shipping is preferred, Paypal only. 12x Micron 5300 PRO 480GB 2.5in...
  4. System48

FS: Old ITX Home Server Parted Out

I am parting out my old ITX server now that my new servers are done. CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 - $60 Motherboard: Asus P8H77-I LGA1155 Mini ITX - $50 Memory: Crucial 2x 8GB DDR3 1600 (BLS8G3D1609DS1S00) - $40 HBA: LSI 9217-8I - $30 Chassis: Lian-Li Q25B w/450W SFX PSU - Sold Payment by...
  5. System48

Nemesis Upgrade - Plex/PMS and VM Host

They are but this sits in a rack in my basement so I never have to hear them.
  6. System48

Completed most of the upgrade, put in an Intel x710 NIC, Adaptec 71605 RAID card, Samsung EVO 500GB M.2 and replaced the old OS drives with Samsung 883 DCT 480GB drives. Now I'm just waiting on moving the 4TB drives out of their current systems.
  7. System48

Since I bought an open box CPU/Mobo combo on ebay I needed to make sure they checked out so I've partially completed the upgrade. Before After I ended up having issues with the Noctua CPU fan on the motherboard. The idle rate must have been so low that it was stopping and the system...
  8. System48

This board actually uses a jumper for the bifurcation setting, just a choice of either x16 or x8x8. I had looked at regular risers at first with the idea of using a x16 extension cable, I've seen that sort of setup used in custom cases. The thought was to possibly make it work in the last...
  9. System48

The Adaptec HBA and dual SFP+ NIC are both x8 PCIe devices. The bandwidth on a x4 slot is fine for dual 10Gbe but the x4 slots are off the PCH and will be sharing bandwidth to the CPU with a few SSDs. There's a Reddit thread for Protect on x86, it was/is a build for the UAS-XG but the...
  10. System48

Do i really need a pure sine UPS for my worsktation?

I'd say it depends. I've used a stepped sinewave UPS on my PFC power supply for a few years now and have never had an issue but that doesn't mean everyone's experience will be the same. It's going to depend on both the quality of the UPS and your PSUs ability to tolerate the stepped wave. If...
  11. System48

Supermicro Board no heatsink on VRM?

Thanks for pointing that out, fixed it, been looking at these boards a lot for the last couple weeks. Took awhile to arrive at my final selection for my build.
  12. System48

Build’s Name: Nemesis Operating System: Windows Server 2016 CPU: Xeon E-2176G Motherboard: Supermicro X11SCZ-F Chassis: Supermicro 836BA Drives: 8 x 4TB HGST RAID 10 or 6 for NVR VHD Drives: 2 x Samsung 883 DCT 480GB 2.5" RAID 1 for OS Drives: 1 x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB NVMe for PMS metadata...
  13. System48

Supermicro Board no heatsink on VRM?

I just bought a combo CPU/Motherboard on ebay, the X11SCZ-F and E-2176G, and although I'm sure it's fine I just thought it was strange that there's no heatsink on the VRM for this motherboard. Here if anyone is interested, Brand New! SuperMicro X11SCZ-F Combo w/ Intel Xeon E 2176G 6C 3.7/4.7GHz...
  14. System48

WD - easystore® 8TB - NESN $149.99 (Updated)

Bump, price has been lowered to $149.99 today, you should update the title.
  15. System48

ASUS WS C621E SAGE Motherboard The Search of Incredible is Over

They had me until 1GbE, Supermicro has a $100 price difference from the C621 to C622 boards. Given the total build cost for this kind of workstation, I'd rather pay the extra money than have an AIC.
  16. System48

Supermicro X11DPH-T 3x 8-Pin Power?

I'm looking at getting the X11DPH-T motherboard and it has 3x 8 PIN power connectors and the motherboard manual doesn't indicate you're ok without having all three connected. The product page specifies several chassis that have power distributors that only have 2x 8 PIN connectors, I'm...
  17. System48

Supermicro 846A Backplane on-board SATA locator lights

The LED's can also be controlled through SGPIO commands which Intel's RSTe does support. There's a lack of utilities for Windows to test things out so I did a quick linux boot usb to try out the ledctl utility and confirmed it can toggle the location LEDs. So this appears to be an OS/driver...