Search results

1. P

[Update: Seller Complaints Accumulating] HGST Ultrastar He10 - 10TB @ $129.95

Humm I swore it was atlanta but yes.. Maybe its still related.. Who knows.
  2. P

AVOID - 4U, 2x Node, 4x E5 V3/V4, 56x LFF SAS3 3.5" bay - $299 - CISCO UCS C3260

Just bringing up a possible querry on why these showed up from AT&T please read my thoughts over in the 10tb sas drive thread. https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/hgst-ultrastar-he10-10tb-129-95.34395/post-337519
  3. P

I'm pretty sure I've read through all of the pages in this thread I have not read through the chassis thread mentioned in this and I have not seen any hints towards what I'm about to suggest... How ever I was just watching Youtube and watching Mythbusters cement truck explosion episodes and the...
  4. P

According to replies on my post on Truenas forums the lack of the vendor specific attributes is common on sas drives.
  5. P

Honestly doubt it would be the hba or the 12bay expander its on. As that would prevent the sata drives from reporting it also. Since the sata drives encapsulate over the sas link.
  6. P

You know i'm going to be pissed if his 6tb outputs the vender specific information and helium levels. cause at that point I'm stumped on wtf to do. Less migrating to Truenas scale which is deb based. It hasn't been released long enough for me to want to make the switch.
  7. P

Just for proof I'm not stupid lol :P
  8. P

Readin that shows it sas.. if you're running *nix can you run smartctl -a on that drive and paste the output.
  9. P

I understand that.. The 3tb drives were only referenced because they are on the same hba and running a -a will output venderspecific information. Rather then the 10tbs which are sas and they will NOT output helium levels or much of anything when compared to your sata version and my 3tb sata drives.
  10. P

that doesn't work because it doesn't report back the vender specific info. which is what we've been going on with lol.. I referenced my 3tb hgst hus sata drives as they are on the same hba/expander and do show the venderspecific outputs. I made this over at the truenas forums...
  11. P

No the bms is reporting on the 10tb drives. using sg_logs -a /dev/da2-7 [which are my 10tb drives] da8-13 is the 3tb sata drives and they do not report the bms and all of this was over the 10tb drives will not show helium levels. or the vender specific outputs. root@aeronas:~ # sg_logs -a...
  12. P

No all my drives are HUH721010AL42C0's the 10tbs that is the 3tbs are hus and sata.. I think you probably skimmed on that.
  13. P

I think I've managed to get my self into a bit of an run-a-round situation. So, the one long test that has been endlessly running as far as the report is concerned isn't actually running. It's a remnent log. Because I started the test but didn't let it finish it just stays in the log but it's...
  14. P

Don't have seagate drives anywhere. as far as the long tests. I understand that can be ran with the drives online and in use.. as I said I started the first one when I did a quick test of the drives by them selfs in the chassis. I then shut the chassis down put in my 12 3tb drives back in the...
  15. P

Another issue I've ran into is the smart background long.. Long story short when I first got the drives I downed my working truenas to run some tests first as I didn't have space to test any of the drives with the current machine running. I figured since they already went through the infant...
  16. P

Not for sure. How ever the more I've been digging into this though I think its just Sas drives or scsi in general doesn't talk to smart much more then some basic info. as I said same HBA and Expander talking to the 3tb HGST sata drives it will give full out-put and it's not a function of BDS vs...
  17. P

Well out of curiosity I called HGST support to ask if th Btw I just got off the phone with WD/HGST asking if there was a way to check helium levels on my M/N and S/N and they said NO. but below is nano output and your ls -la ^?ELF^B^A^A...
  18. P

root@aeronas:~ # which smartctl -a /dev/da2 /usr/local/sbin/smartctl -a: Command not found. /dev/da2: Command not found.
  19. P

I understand that the mechanical portion of the drive is the same. From what I've been readin sparcly is that it appears that the sas side of the controllers scsi seems to not have any uniformity and alot of things are hidden from smart escpecially if they are OEM drives.
  20. P

Very slow ZFS RaidZ2 Performance on TrueNAS 12

Sheesh.. I've been scrounging around trying to find some things and stumbled accross this thread. My setup atm is 6x10tb hgst sas rz2 & 6x3tb hgst sata rz2 for 2vdevs single pool. My results are horrid compared to what you guys are pulling ESX-i vm Truenas Core 64gigs dedicated ram. Sas3 SM...