Search results

1. G

Low Power ESXI build vs Supermicro E300

All, I am looking for a low power and quiet ESXI build, probably 64GB ram to start, m2 would be nice. Will be using it to run a firewall vm and a few other vms. Do not need a lot of storage. I see there are new versions of the Supermicro E900-9D, one with a Xeon D-2123IT, one with the atom...
  2. G

It's quiet in here...but I'm still chugging along

What are people mining these days? I'm still getting setup in my new place, I have the vega rig mining XMR. I'm in sunny AZ, been following interesting solar projects on bitcointalk and thinking about setting up a solar rig or 2 if the math works out.
  3. G

Vega mining Monero7 with xmr-stak stabiltity?

Finally got my vega rig back online after my move. I have updated xmr-stak to the latest, and im getting 2000/card with no changes at all. I need to change my autoswitcher code to deal with the new stak, thats a project for next weekend. Actually 1 change but not to the miner/config, my miner...
  4. G

Building Coin/pool switching software for Cryptonight Coins - what coins/pools would you pick?

Been running it on vega rig for a few weeks. In the middle of setting up Linux rig. Will update soon.
  5. G

Baikal Giant-N cryptonight/cryptonight-lite ASIC.......

Someone posted a chart in the bitcoin talk thread on the baikal for feb, 70% of monero mining wasn't the big pools ie it was unknown ie asic, javascript bots etc. How much of it was these new asic miners?
  6. G

What version of Ubuntu are you running for mining?

Are people running 17 or is everyone still using 16.04? Getting ready to build a new Ubuntu box. Thanks
  7. G

Yep read more here Baikal Giant N - Cryptonight, Cryptonight-lite ASIC miner Looks like a laptop power supply - not sure how that powers a cluster of 550 chips - there would have to be a ton of them ie if one 550 gets about 500 hash - you would need about 40 of them. Powering 40 of those chips...
  8. G

Also the minimum purchase is a quanatity if 6
  9. G

60w for 20k hash doesn’t seem right
  10. G

Building Coin/pool switching software for Cryptonight Coins - what coins/pools would you pick?

Great questions and answers. Initially I just wanted to replicate what autoswitching programs like awesomeminer etc do - pulling best coins at the moment and mine them. However you have a great point - I am not selling them right away. I could add an option for switching based on difficulty...
  11. G

Alpha is running - I'm just using 4 coins right now - sumo, xmr, etn, karbo for the test. I am building another nvidia rig that will be on linux for testing with Patrick's proxy and docker images. Basically you just add the coins/wallets you want to mine, and the script will go down the list...
  12. G

Hoping to test the alpha version tomorrow. Actually started testing tonight but hit a bug I need to fix and its scotchy scotch time.
  13. G

Trillion dollar money manager adding crypto to its portfolios

This is pretty significant - Wellington is a very old private firm. For example they created the mutual fund back in 1929. The guy that started Vanguard came from Wellington. Fun Fact they are the only Asset Management firm that makes people wear ties year round. They are also very forward...
  14. G

Trillion dollar money manager adding crypto to its portfolios

A $1 Trillion Money Manager Is Adding Cryptocurrencies To Its Portfolios
  15. G

Liquidating Coins - what's the current best method?

I know there have been older threads on this - but what is the latest best method for liquidating aeon/monero/sumo etc? I finally have a bittrex account. Do I need a coinbase as well? Are there other accounts/exchanges that are better / lower fees? Thanks
  16. G

Thanks for all the advice Funkywizard. Basically the purpose of this initially was that I would look at Aeon or Monero etc at several times a day and just use the "Estimate my Profits" based on my hashrate and change my miners accordingly manually . However it would fluctuate a lot so why not...
  17. G

Cryptocoin performance history

Decided to make this a separate threat just about historical cryptonight coin performance. Ok some pretty cool data over 24+ hours. This is again whattomine data - btc revenue. 1st notice how flat these are - also note nicehash return is flat but pretty decent at around .006 btc. Then lets...
  18. G

Ok some pretty cool data over 24+ hours. This is again whattomine data 1st notice how flat these are - also note nicehash return is flat but pretty decent at around .006 btc. Then lets look at the movers - electroneum, karbo, sumokoin. I also left in Nicehash. Notice the 30% above .009...
  19. G

Digging more into the data - whattomine often has lagging data. I'm updating from them every 3 minutes and most of the time at least one of their 8 cryptonight coins has stale ie old data. The timestamp in the first column is from whattomine - I am just converting it in the 2nd column. In...
  20. G

Patrick, Thanks so much but I think I'm good - I'll set it up on my deep learning box. I also have a nuc sitting around doing nothing at the moment that could also be used. I'm using the STH aeon and zcash docker images on the deep learning box right now.