Search results

1. S

Issue with M1015 and Supermicro Backplane

Hi All Problems with my new server, seem to never end :) I have a M1015 flashed to 9211-8i in IT mode with firmware 15.00.00.00-IT. Connected to backplane in my SC846. When I boot without the cables plugged in there is no issues. When I plug the cables the controller takes FOREVER to find the...
  2. S

Choosing of HBA cards

Hi all Since my new supermicro SC846 isn't really build for cards with ports in the front of the Card, Im looking for sugesstions Currently I have a M1015 and a 2108, but both is with the connectors in front. The cable length of the sff-8087 is a bit short for that. The cables I need is really...
  3. S

Trouble with SM SC846 and Asus MB

Hi All Hope someone can help me out here. Im blowing my mind. First I found out that I need a adapter for reset sw, power sw etc, after I had moved my server into this new awesome case. Then today I got the adapter in the mail - YAY!... Atleast I thought. When I plug the server in, the PSU...
  4. S

Trouble with mdadm RAID 5

Hi There I am having some issues with my raid and I will try to explain the situation. I had 4x3TB in my RAID 5. I then added another 3TB and the resize seemed to go as it should. But after a quick reboot my RAID was messed up. The new disk stands as S (spare) and one of the old ones stands...