Search results

1. S

EU FS: DDR3 & DDR4 RAM, Intel Xeon CPUs, Asus & Supermicro motherboards

If still available I would like a quote with shipping to Denmark on 2x 32GB Hynix PC4 DDR4 4Rx4 LRDIMM 2133P HMA84GL7MMR4N-TF (145€ 99€/module) BR
  2. S

Trouble with SM SC846 and Asus MB

Dunno if its possible, but i gave up after SM support wrote they didn't believe my ASUS mb was supported
  3. S

Got it solved, one of the disks was bad. Despite I had run smartdata on all of them before I used them in the new server. Ealier in the post someone said that you need to pulle 3-400 watts to start with SM PSU, but that is NOT correct. Can start with no problem pulling arround 100-150watt
  4. S

Issue with M1015 and Supermicro Backplane

SOLVED: Pulled everydisk out and plugged one in at a time and found that one of the disks (despite of good smart data) prevented the controller starting correct.
  5. S

Yeah I know , I just have 5 disks plugged in Right now, in the 2 upper rows :)
  6. S

Alright I have tried resetting to default, disabling OptionROM and tried both legacy and UEFI only. When OptionROM is disabled, it proceeds with loading esxi, but get stuck at loading mpt2sas module. The only thing happening (like when OptionROM is used), the LED's on the disks are blinking a...
  7. S

BIOS is the on it came with. 3.0, I can see there exists a newer one. But I honestly I don't think thats the issue? :)
  8. S

Which option is that exactly? - I mean where can it be disabled in the BIOS?
  9. S

BPN-SAS-846TQ
  10. S

Hi All Problems with my new server, seem to never end :) I have a M1015 flashed to 9211-8i in IT mode with firmware 15.00.00.00-IT. Connected to backplane in my SC846. When I boot without the cables plugged in there is no issues. When I plug the cables the controller takes FOREVER to find the...
  11. S

Yesterday I finally got my cooler. And the server turned on :D Now I just have a problem with med m1015 crossed to IT. It takes really long time to find the disks, but then when I pass them into a ubuntu 14 I can see them but don't get any information. Can't access them at all. Seems I have a...
  12. S

Choosing of HBA cards

Seems like a decent price if it really is a LSI card :) New LSI Internal SAS SATA 9211-8i 6Gbps 8 Ports HBA PCI-E RAID Controller Card | eBay
  13. S

Choosing of HBA cards

As I need to be able to grow my array, ZFS is not an option im afraid.
  14. S

Choosing of HBA cards

Not sure what you mean, making a "raid array" with only one disk in each and then passthrough it and make sw raid on it?
  15. S

Choosing of HBA cards

I am thinking of making a new sw raid of some kind. Have been reading up on ZFS and it seems amazing, except the fact I cant grow the raid with a disk at a time. So is looking for some other way to go. Earlier I used mdadm with xfs filesystem. But I'm not doing that againg. Just tried using...
  16. S

Choosing of HBA cards

Hi all Since my new supermicro SC846 isn't really build for cards with ports in the front of the Card, Im looking for sugesstions Currently I have a M1015 and a 2108, but both is with the connectors in front. The cable length of the sff-8087 is a bit short for that. The cables I need is really...
  17. S

Well at least I'm not alone on this :D
  18. S

New update. Got my MB in yesterday and all went fine. Untill I discovered there is 2 ways a LGA2011 can be fitted. Narrow and Square iml. And ofcourse my cooler is for square. So last night I ordered the 4U Active SM heatsink. So another 3-4 days of waiting. This SM adventure is beginning to...
  19. S

Recieving my new parts for my E5 this week, so will see of it is the MB as Supermicro think. X9DRI-F incoming.
  20. S

Alright I will see if thats possible, I only have 9 drives available currently :)