Search results

1. E

FS: Gigabyte MZ31-AR0 AMD EPYC Motherboard

I am selling my Gigabyte MZ31-AR0 Motherboard Link to product page: https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Server-Motherboard/MZ31-AR0-rev-1x#ov This motherboard has been used for approximately three months. It was just removed from a working server as I am moving to a slightly more compact ATX form...
  2. E

AMD EPYC Memory Population

I just want to verify that I have populated the memory in my Gigabyte MZ31-AR0 correctly. Here is a link to the quick reference. http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Manual/server_qrg_mz31-ar0_e_v10.pdf I have eight 16GB DDR4 (PC4-21300) RDIMM's, 2666 Speed, Dual Ranked memory. I have...
  3. E

SFP Copper module for Gigabyte MZ31-AR0

I have a Gigabyte MZ31-AR0 and am looking for a 1000Base-T copper module, but am having a hard time understanding what compatible module to buy. This board uses a Broadcom BCM 57810S networking chipset. Does anyone know what SFP module would be compatible? Thanks! Erick
  4. E

AMD Socket SP3 coolers?

Hello all. Anyone have any recommendations for an AMD Epyc 7401p CPU cooler? I was going to use the noctua nh-u9 tr4-sp3 but after receiving both the cooler and motherboard today, I realized the socket is in the wrong orientation for the cooler fans. Erick
  5. E

Home Server Build - AMD EPYC

Build’s Name: To Be Determined Operating System/ Storage Platform: Windows Server 2016 CPU: AMD EPYC 7401P Motherboard: Gigabyte MZ31-AR0 Chassis: Rosewill RSV-L4500 (Replacing all fans with Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 3000 PWM) Drives: Re-using a few drives I have (4 x 3TB WD Reds in RAID 5), 8TB WD Red...
  6. E

AMD EPYC Build - Memory Questions

Hello all, I'm new here, and I'm looking to build a home server using the AMD EPYC platform. I have decided to go with an EPYC 7401P and a Gigabyte MZ31-AR0 board. It's been about 10 years since I last built an enterprise grade server, but I am very fluent with desktop components. I am having a...