Search results

1. E

FS: Gigabyte MZ31-AR0 AMD EPYC Motherboard

I am selling my Gigabyte MZ31-AR0 Motherboard Link to product page: https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Server-Motherboard/MZ31-AR0-rev-1x#ov This motherboard has been used for approximately three months. It was just removed from a working server as I am moving to a slightly more compact ATX form...
  2. E

Problem with Ga-MZ31-AR0, the first single socket AMD EPYC Motherboard

Thanks for the follow-up! I contacted Gigabyte support and they sent me F12b to try. It installed and I was able to post with a single 2080 Ti (4G Decoding Enabled). When I populated more than one 2080 Ti it would not post. Not happy about this, but I think I may need to cut my losses and go...
  3. E

Problem with Ga-MZ31-AR0, the first single socket AMD EPYC Motherboard

I have the same annoying problem. I have been running 4x 1080 Ti's since July 2018 and just tried switching over to 2080 Ti's and can't get it to work. Not even a single card works with 4G decoding enabled. Did you ever get a response from Gigabyte on this?
  4. E

AMD EPYC 7351P + GIGABYTE MZ31-AR0 = 7 GPUS?

Yes, it should be possible. I built a 4 x 1080ti deep learning rig a couple of months ago using the board. I used an EPYC 7251 as it was the lowest cost option. Although there are five 16x slots on the board, only four of them are wired at 16x PCIe speeds. The other one is 8x. You'll have to...
  5. E

Home Server Build - AMD EPYC

I took out the existing fans there and did not replace them. The 6 x 120 mm fans provide plenty of air flow for the thermals I have in the case.
  6. E

I'm sorry you are having issues. I agree, it kinda sucks, but it is what it is and we all knew that going into it so I'm not too bummed. It's pretty clear on the product page the limitations for full length graphics cards. They even show where a full length, double-slot card would go. So you...
  7. E

STH Aeon Mining Pool Beta Access

Hi Patrick, any chance I could get in the pool? My 7401p is sitting mostly idle at the moment.
  8. E

SFP Copper module for Gigabyte MZ31-AR0

Well the ones we are talking about here are already only $16. If you find any "cheap" 10 Gigabit copper adapters that will work with this board, I'm all ears.
  9. E

Does Folding @ Home really need that much bus speed between the system and the cards? For example, many 7+ card crypto currency mining rigs use simple USB PCIX extenders as all the work is done on the card and doesn't require much bandwidth between the cards and the rest of the system.
  10. E

Server 2016 & GPU pass-through with Direct Device Assignment (DDA)

I was able to get a Quadro P2000 working on a Windows 2016 host with both Windows 2016 and Window 10 guests. I first tried with a Quadro P600 and was unable to get it to work (Code 43) and did some digging. Per nVidia, the only capable Pascal based Quadro's that will work for passthrough are the...
  11. E

AMD EPYC Memory Population

Thanks for the confirmation. I can find in the bios where to set the speed manually, but it shows the top speed as 2400. I will have to take a closer look to see if it's possible.
  12. E

AMD EPYC Memory Population

I just want to verify that I have populated the memory in my Gigabyte MZ31-AR0 correctly. Here is a link to the quick reference. http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Manual/server_qrg_mz31-ar0_e_v10.pdf I have eight 16GB DDR4 (PC4-21300) RDIMM's, 2666 Speed, Dual Ranked memory. I have...
  13. E

A couple more pictures that I took over the past couple of days. This is how the CPU came to me (wrapped in bubble wrap). I've never received a CPU like this, even with past Xeon purchase. Do or will EPYC chips even come in retail packaging or are they only sold in bulk? It looks like they are...
  14. E

Thanks, I'll look into that one.
  15. E

I have a Gigabyte MZ31-AR0 and am looking for a 1000Base-T copper module, but am having a hard time understanding what compatible module to buy. This board uses a Broadcom BCM 57810S networking chipset. Does anyone know what SFP module would be compatible? Thanks! Erick
  16. E

I received the CPU and got it up and running yesterday! I'm still foreign to a lot of this advanced server lingo and bios settings, so learning as I go, but so far I'm impressed. She's definitely a beast!!! It can chew through the workload of my prior server with so much ease, it's ridiculous...
  17. E

Here's a small update. Things have been trickling in the last couple of weeks and I've been slowly putting it together as I go. The EPYC 7401P will finally arrive tomorrow. I'm excited to fire this beast up! Just unboxed the case. This will work well but you can definitely tell it is built...
  18. E

AMD Socket SP3 coolers?

I obviously want to try reduce noise as much as possible and yes, it is in a separate room behind closed doors, but that's why I'm asking if anyone has seen anything else out there :)... even a nice passive cooler, as I have enough airflow through the case. Seems like there isn't much out there...
  19. E

AMD Socket SP3 coolers?

I'm using the board in a 4U server chassis with heavy airflow from front to back. The CPU socket on the board is right near the front of the board, which in my case is near some other fans. It would likely cool fine the way it is, but I mainly wanted airflow to remain from front to back...
  20. E

AMD Socket SP3 coolers?

The board is a Gigabyte MZ31-AR0. Erick