Search results

1. JTF195

Cable confusion - How can I recognize which will do 56Gb?

So, Siemon used the "QSFP28-4" product code because it's 28AWG, 4 meters. That's kinda dumb...
  2. JTF195

Power Supply recommendation for Arista 7050qx-32 (non-S)?

The 500W should work. It's also possible one of the PSUs from other 7050 models might work. Double check the physical connectors. If they're physically compatible, they should work. I wouldn't recommend trying to use anything 3rd-party, if it even exists.
  3. JTF195

Can I run Arista 7050QX-32 without the unit's fans? (with home-made cooling)

I have a 7050QX-32S. Your plan might work, but they get hot fast, even at idle. Power usage should be similar with one PSU or two - it just depends how many DACs/transceivers you plug in. It will complain if the fans aren't installed, but it won't shut down unless it reaches critical temps...
  4. JTF195

Hyper-V vs Vsphere - my initial take

I've been using Hyper-V on S2D at home off and on for a few years now and I love it. Admittedly I'm using eight dirt cheap 120GB SSDs, so my space is very limited after the redundancy, but even after a few years it still feels like black magic watching a VM live migrate in just a few seconds
  5. JTF195

EXPIRED Mellanox SX6036 36ports QSFP €150

Due to the legal gray areas involved, it's not really safe to hand out the keys to the castle, but here are a few tips: 1. Locate, download, and unpack a MLNX_OS image (Preferably the x86 variant) 2. Locate the genlicense and dumplicense executables in the unpacked image. 3. Play around with...
  6. JTF195

EXPIRED Mellanox SX6036 36ports QSFP €150

Several of us are trying to figure that out.
  7. JTF195

Beware of EMC switches sold as Mellanox SX6XXX on eBay

After getting past the tty boot loop with the trick above, I'm sitting at 'Step 3: Creating the file systems on the switch and extracting the distro' I immediately ran into an issue. The commands mount -t proc none /proc mount -t sysfs none /sys both fail. I'm not really sure why, and I also...
  8. JTF195

Did you have to do anything special aside from following mpogr's guide?
  9. JTF195

Thanks a bunch. It looks like the exact same environment as mine: Diff Checker The only difference seems to be that addtty has been run once addtty=setenv bootargs ${bootargs} console=ttyS0,${baudrate} which just expands the bootargs variable and adds the console configuration to the end...
  10. JTF195

The command I've been using, 'run flash_jffs2' is already identical to that, just with a different name: flash_jffs2=run jffs2_args boot_common_args;bootm ${kernel_addr} - ${fdt_addr} I tried the following: envreset setenv mlxlinux 'run jffs2_args boot_common_args;bootm ${kernel_addr} -...
  11. JTF195

That's exactly what I've been doing. I even tried 'nand erase clean' one of the times without specifying addresses so it wiped the entire nand (but I did NOT do a 'nand scrub' because I read that it can cause major problems) I think part of the the problem is that before I first started this...
  12. JTF195

Ok, I started completely over, substituting in that jffs2 image, and it seems to be doing the exact same thing: And it will just reboot and go into a loop For reference here is my printenv output
  13. JTF195

I'm having this exact same issue.