Search results

1. O

HP p410i Intergrated Help

Hey guys, I'm helping out a friend of mine and needed some information. He has a HP Proliant 380p Gen8 server that he's gotten the HP p410i card for. The card has a backup battey that has a long cable but no place to mount the battery. Can someone tell me where we should place the battery? We...
  2. O

Taming the C6100

It's suppose to do that. The FCB is designed to spin the fan at full power until it gets temp readings from a node.
  3. O

Taming the C6100

Make sure the power supplie is in the top (PSU1) PDB. I had the same issue and it was because they shipped plugged into the bottom PDU. It kept giving me the error that the PSU1 had a fault and needs to be replaced.
  4. O

dell c6100 node power on by itself

System > Restore on AC power loss > Change to Power Off on each node
  5. O

IRC channel #servethehome @ freenode is now open for business

Patrick, I use AndroIRC and it works great. Lots of options. AndroIRC - The best IRC client for Android your device need
  6. O

Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 2U 4-Node (8 CPU) Cloud Server

I was looking into something like that for myself. I'm thinking of putting my server in the attic but with Texas heat its impossible without an AC unit. Was looking to get a cheap portable AC unit and making an insulated rack to house the server in. I'll have to figure out what to do with it...
  7. O

Thanks dba, Went ahead and bought the Western Digital IcePack. Should be here around the same time as the SSD.
  8. O

I just ordered a pair of Samsung 840 pros and was wondering what adapter you guys are using to make it work with the 3.5" hard drive trays? Any help would be much appreciated.
  9. O

Taming the C6100

It didn't do it on my older PIC16 (5pin) enclosure but it does spin up on the new PIC18 (7pin) enclosure. The FCB firmware are not compatible with the PIC16 (5pin) boards.
  10. O

How to install VMs in Windows server 2012 datacenter

Server Manager > Tools > Hyper-V Manager On the left side you will see Hyper-V Manager and your server name listed under it. Click on the server name and on the right hand side you will click on New > Virtual Machine. Hope that helps
  11. O

Adam, This is what i've been able to come up with. I was unable to find the cables on ebay but maybe you can message the ebay seller to see if they can find it. The pages i refer to are from the Hardware Owner's Manual. Difference between the PIC16 and PIC18 enclosure: Fan Control Board -...
  12. O

Adam, I ended up talking to my ebay seller and he sent me a new enclosure with the PIC18 board and corresponding PDU boards/cables. Let me look at the difference between the two enclosure and document the changes for you. It'll take me a little time so please bear with me.
  13. O

My problem was that it wouldn't ever slow the fans down. It would start at a high speed and stay there. Very loud. :| I tried all the different power management settings to no avail. Another problem was that it was not displaying anything for fan rpm under the server health section of IPMI. I...
  14. O

So I wanted to give some information to everyone. I've been trying to change the FCB from PIC16 to PIC18 cause of an issue i am having with the PIC16 board. There are a few different connectors between the board. It seems you will have to change the power distribution board (both of them) in...
  15. O

Thank you so much for that info. It's been really helpful. I'm gonna see if I can trade my 5 pin fans for the 7 pin fans but I myself have been thinking of changing the fans for the San Ace fans. I just bought the 6 pin connectors (since it'll take them forever to arrive) and will be buying the...
  16. O

Hey everyone, I am having an issue with the fans running at full power at all times. I currently have a PIC16 board with 0104 PIC firmware and 4 pin fans. I contacted the ebay seller and he sent me a PIC18 board. The problem is that the fan plugs don't fit the new board. Do I have to get new...
  17. O

C6100 fan always at full speed without any load

Korban, Did you ever fix this issue? I seem to be having the same problem. At first i thought that how loud it actually was but it seems that its always running on full speed. When i look for the fan speeds under remote management it lists the following: PIC16 Board 0104 PIC Firmware 4...
  18. O

That's what i figured. I checked the drives in the other computer (win7) and formated them. I was able to add files and folders to the drive. I then installed them in the C6100 and tried the setup again. Still not found by setup. The funny part is that when it asks me to browse for drivers it...
  19. O

Hi dba, I'm using the SATA ports on the motherboard. NO mezzanine or PCIe cards in there. I have tried multiple drivers from Intel but still am unable to get setup to recognize the drives. I'm currently reformatting the USB drive that i'm install on and then creating a new bootable WS2012 USB...
  20. O

It used to be but its been sitting empty with its brother in the other computer. I'll try the low level format and see what happens. Hi Biren, The controller was already in AHCI mode. I went ahead and added the second hard drive and set it to raid but setup will still not find it. I just...