Search results

1. G

EU [WTB] LGA 1150 Mainboard (preferably C226 Chipset)

I think I have more than one board available. Not sure how much shipping would be but happy to see if we can make it cheaper overall than the ebay you linked to (although shipping alone may be more, who knows...)
  2. G

Indeed, not super-difficult but definitely more involved than just plugging the ATX connector from an ATX PSU to the MOBO :) I'd say the biggest pain is the 11VSB, as other than that all voltages are available on a standard ATX PSU. On the other hand, those MOBOs with their specific PSU tend to...
  3. G

Got a Fujitsu D3239, but it's C224 and unfortunately I think you need a slightly different PSU (12V, not regular ATX). It has IPMI though, which is cool. Size wise it's mATX.
  4. G

EU [DE] Fujitsu Futro S920 -> ~30€!!!

The ethernet is a far more complex process. You will not only need to add many caps, ethernet connector and some resistors, but also the i210 chip. It is doable and I will most certainly attempt it. For the caps, those are DC blocking caps for SATA lines. Based on what I found online, anything...
  5. G

Btw, also interesting to see that some people did manage to power those using a PD powerbank :D
  6. G

You're indeed correct about J5005. I got confused with the industrial version which is available in -S1, -S2 and -S3 versions with different SoCs (J4005, J4105 and J5005). Regarding SATA i meant 2.5" SATA indeed. The connectors are located on the bottom left corner of the PCB on the picture you...
  7. G

The Dell Wyse 5070 and the Futro S740 have options with the same CPU. As far as I'm aware you can get them with J4105 or J5005. Both are quite powerful for a fanless mini PC and TDP is 10W only so quite nice. The Futro was being sold recently by piospartslap for about 40€ with 4GB of RAM which...
  8. G

Any users here do cross border purchasing & shipping?

People using these to ship from US to Europe, have you worked with one that is reliable and quick-ish forwarding the packages?
  9. G

EU [WTB] Xeon v4 with min 10 cores, ML350/ML150 gen9 heatsink + fan

Heatsink should be available on ebay at not-to-crazy prices (just don't expect anything like 10-15 euros)
  10. G

EU WTT: Dell T330 rack mount kit

I have a Dell T330 unit that came in rack mount format and I am interested in converting it back to tower. I have the recessed cover for the front panel as well as the rack ears and screws and I am looking to exchange that for the 4x feet + normal cover for front panel + top plastic panel of the...
  11. G

EU WTB: Ram trays

Managed to get a handful of trays thanks to some nice people in the STH community. @Spartus thanks for the offer, but being in Canada, shipping alone would probably be more expensive than the tray itself :)
  12. G

Do you happen to remember the name of the company? :)
  13. G

Wondering if anybody is looking to get rid of one or two ram trays (the ones that can hold a handful of modules). I would pay shipping and some amount towards packing, and even for the tray/s although free would be better :)
  14. G

EU Rackable NM46X 12-LFF chassis 60€ BO

Great post on the blog, thanks. I was aware that the connector pinout is not any secret, but I also knew that there was a 11VSB rail on the Fujitsu power connector and I did not see any step up on the pictures where you were showing the TFX psu with the Fujitsu Mobo so I thought I may have...
  15. G

EU Rackable NM46X 12-LFF chassis 60€ BO

Hey @hmartin how do you power that Fujitsu Mobo with the TFX PSU? These boards as far as I am aware are not standard ATX and use a power connector that only has 12V and they also have like a i2c connection to the PSU when installed on the Fujitsu servers, right?
  16. G

ER-X, where next ?

I realized based on your response that the ER-X does not have a HW VLAN offloading feature as the ER lite or ER Pro have, so yeah, you won't be able to offload more than HWNAT and IPSEC as far as I remember. On the other hand though, the ER-X is based on a switch chip, the MT7621A, so you can...
  17. G

ER-X, where next ?

As @sagra suggests make sure to enable vlan hw offloading, otherwise performance will be crappy. With that enabled, it should perform way beyond 100Mbps (as long as it is all properly linked at 1Gbps). Maybe you won't reach 1Gbps but should be at least 500-600 if I remember properly.
  18. G

EU [WTB] [DONE] 4x dual-port 10G sfp+ NIC

It's a NC523 so it may heat a bit too much if you do not have a small fan on it. In fact I would say that most dual port 10GbE cards will run reasonably hot without sufficient airflow as they tend to use somewhere around 15W.
  19. G

EU [WTB] [DONE] 4x dual-port 10G sfp+ NIC

Not sure if you're interested in buying them from separate people but I have a dual port HP card that I am willing to sell.
  20. G

EU [WTB] ICX7150-C12P (or similar)

Yes, the EX2200-C is great (the PoE model is the EX2200-C-12P-2G if I am not mistaken though) but suffers from the same issue as the one that @hmartin was mentioning, which is it does not support 10GbE. For that you would need to go to the ex2300.