Search results

1. C

Watercooling rack.

Interesting project. Not sure if I can have some time to contribute to CFD and visualization. :)
  2. C

FS: Ram/SSD/Xeon

Hi spyder, please check PM.
  3. C

FS: Ram/SSD/Xeon

Hi spyder, May I know the model of intel x25 as well? and health status? thank you.
  4. C

C6100 xs23-ty3 Node workstation (pinouts etc)

Awesome! BTW, any chance to get the node into sleep mode?
  5. C

Taming the C6100

I used to do the same thing for my macbook pro. Anyway, I don't have a clue yet on how the firmware mod can be achieved unless we can find some documentation or source code. I'm certainly interested :) but not sure how the 120MM fans can be fitted into the chassis using the HDD trays. In fact...
  6. C

Taming the C6100

Hi RimBlock, good to hear that. I expect my nodes to be under heavy load with some number crunching work. That's why I am looking for some alternatives.
  7. C

Taming the C6100

I'm just worrying about the supermicro fans not giving enough CFM (68.3) and air pressure (0.53 inch H20). The CPUs may be overheated if all 4 nodes are under heavy load. The max duty cycle that a PWM chip can produce is 100%. If we can intercept the pulse and reduce the duty cycle by half...
  8. C

Dell C6100 "BMC FRU header checksum bad"?

I was not able to find the ipmitool command to do the right job. The command you mentioned seems to set the lower critical speed only?
  9. C

Taming the C6100

Plan to put it in an enclosed balcony. When switched on, the fans stay at 6000 RPM with no load. I got the noise level measurement 1 meter away from the server using an mobile phone application, and it's about 75 to 80 dB. Right now, I am thinking of either swapping the fans or modifying the PWM...
  10. C

Dr_Drache, Thank you very much. Have managed to upgrade BMC to 1.28 and BIOS to 1.69 for all four nodes. The problem of "BMC FRU header checksum bad" seemed gone! The upgrade was failed at beginning when I mounted floppy image remotely via IPMI. Later on, I made a windows98 boot disk on USB...
  11. C

Would you please share the detailed procedure to do the upgrade? Thank you. I think that could benefit many of us. I read from here that we need to use socflash on a DOS boot disk. I feel a bit confused that a re-flash under windows is required...
  12. C

Taming the C6100

I got one C6100 from the same seller. The fans are the delta 3.3A ones. Rated at 65 dB(A), they are apparently too loud for home use. I have been searching for alternatives. PigLover and RimBlock and a few other forumers have shared various models. Here comes another possibility: AVC DATA0838B...
  13. C

Hi Dr_Drache, May I know the build date of your system? Did you upgrade from 1.05 to 1.70? Thanks.
  14. C

Hi Peterpan, it seems that mine have the version of 1.05. Not sure if it is even possible to upgrade the BIOS. When I requested the seller to help upgrade my system, he said that his tech staff tried but was not able to upgrade the BIOS.
  15. C

Dear all, I have been lurking around this forum for some time and found STH a very nice place for discussion and knowledge share. Deeply influenced by STH, I finally got myself one Dell C6100 server purchased from lextecny2012 on ebay. According to the BIOS info, t was manufactured in 2009...