Search results

1. C

Mellanox ConnectX-2 Firmware

I just tried this on a HP ConnectX-2 card. The update did initially go through fine however it's now causing ESXi 6.7 to crash when Windows initialises the NIC in PCIe passthrough mode. VMware does seem to be able to use the card though natively. If I manage to fix it I'll report back. For the...
  2. C

Samsung 960 EVO nvme performance

I might be talking rubbish here but I think you've just discovered the different between 'consumer' and 'enterprise' NAND SSD drives. If the NAND memory cells aren't 'clean' and pre-erased, there is a performance penalty on write operations. This is usually dealt with on enterprise drives by...
  3. C

Findings and exploration of Intel Optane 900p Under ESXI

Are you using hardware or software RAID there? I keep debating whether to invest in some SATA/SAS SSD's, but I'm worried the performance won't be anywhere near NVMe.
  4. C

intel 750 clone question

I've always been a fan of Macrium Reflect. Haven't used it in awhile but they do have a free version: Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free
  5. C

Sure, check here: ESXi 6.5 intel-nvme 1.2.1.15 NVMe Driver for Intel(R) Solid-State Drive DC P3700, P3600, P3500, P3520, P4500, D3600, and P4800X NVM Express SSDs Do you have a login? If not let me know and I'll upload it somewhere. Rather bizarrely I seem to get the better performance with...
  6. C

I put a 900P in my HP DL360e Gen8 and initially got some good performance, but nothing near what it could do. So I installed Intel's NVMe driver for ESXi and here's what I got: