Search results

1. J

C6100 extender board USB

Awesome! Getting excited about this little project. Keep us posted!
  2. J

Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 2U 4-Node (8 CPU) Cloud Server

**BUMP ON THIS** I need to get these cables ordered this week if possible. Any advice would be awesome!
  3. J

I have the M1015 on order and it should be in this week. I am trying to determine the best way to connect the drives all to one node. I found the jumper you referenced and have it enabled. Now I am trying to determine the best way to go about connecting all drives to the motherboard SATA ports...
  4. J

I am trying to do exactly this. What parts and cables did you need to pull this off? I am looking at a LSI 1015 card. Does this card handle 12 drives?
  5. J

C6100 extender board USB

I would LOVE to get 4 of these from you. PM me and me can get whatever information to get these. I would appreciate it a ton! I just got my c6100 in today!
  6. J

C6100 extender board USB

I need 4 of these cables, is anyone making/selling them?
  7. J

The suspense is killing me, but your pic is dead... ...or is it just me? **Scratch that, it's me** :o I will take a look at this in a bit, when I am not within the confines of my firewall. :rolleyes: Thank you!
  8. J

So no onboard internal USB ports or headers, the only option is soldering our own? Kind of a bummer there. I'm really not too keen on experimenting with soldering on one of these right out of the gate. Oh well.
  9. J

Looking to run ESX off of 3 nodes using USB flash drives for the ESX install. Can someone tell me if there are any internal USB ports in these nodes? If not, are there any headers available on which I could put one of these: StarTech USBMBADAPT2 Adapter - Newegg.com I have seen this page...
  10. J

That looks like it will do the trick nicely. Thanks!
  11. J

Does anyone have a lower end HBA they can vouch for? I plan on running all 12 drives to 1 node, and using FreeNAS RaidZ2 to create 2x 6 drive vdevs in one large pool for all my storage. I don't need RAID in the card as I am utilizing FreeNAS. Any recommendations are appreciated.
  12. J

Gotcha, I was thinking there were actually that many available ports on the node - thus the surprise. Do the nodes have RAID capabilities built in?
  13. J

Looking at our Primary DC (which also acts at the moment as our file server, print server, and DHCP/DNS server) during yesterday and today's peak times, we were at just under 200 IOPS maximum. These servers aren't hit very often, as our network consists of about 200 PCs, and most processing of...
  14. J

Ah! I thought after 6 drives, one would need to add a RAID card as well. Is that necessary or is it possible to run say, 9 drives off of one node without an additional RAID card? Or even all 12 drives on one node?
  15. J

Just wanting to confirm, having 6 drives on one node can be done fairly easily, with the breakout cable (like the one from Meritline, as posted above), but having more than 6 drives on one node is more difficult to do. Is this statement correct?
  16. J

The 2 main servers I have running right now are HP DL380 G5's, and they are just running a RAID array of 7200 rpm drives. Since this is the case and they are handling the load just fine, do I really need to move up to SSDs for these as VMs? My initial thought was to use 2 nodes for storage, 5...
  17. J

Our 2 largest servers are using a total of 1.5 TB of storage. This is actual usage, no free space included. If I were to purchase a large SSD, how would I go about keeping all of this data used by these 2 VMs? This was my reasoning for one large RAID array. Let it hold all of the data and have...
  18. J

Looking at purchasing one of these... Hey all, new to the forums. I just finished reading all 26 pages in this thread and I feel confident that this setup might be just what I am looking for. I am working for a private school with a tiny budget, but am looking into getting one of these to...