Search results

1. X

Picking up mining again

Hi, these cpu will support Hyper-V. I have ran Hyper-V also on just 2 E5-2420 v1
  2. X

Picking up mining again

I have the possibility to do it on bare metal, I'm just stuck to using a Windows based CPU miner. Might just look to run it as service and posibility to upscale it in the evening and night, and downscale it in the morning again. Running a portable miner on baremetal as service would be perfect...
  3. X

Picking up mining again

Hmm I might as well just run the miner on the bare Windows 2016 installation then. Then kill it every night to start another instance which has more threads? -edit- Is there a miner available which is portable (eg. no installation) and can be run in background or as service?
  4. X

Picking up mining again

@KioskAdmin Thanks for the info The nodes are Hyper-V Hosts, so unfortunately I'm stuck at Windows for now. What would be best? Should I run a linux (Ubuntu) VM with the miner, or should I install docker on the hosts and run a docker container?
  5. X

Picking up mining again

Hi all, I just registered on STH because I want to pck up mining again. In the past I have done some LTC and BTC mining with GPU's but that has been some years now, and all stuff has been reused or sold. Now I have 3 nodes running with a load of spare CPU cycles and was wondering what I can...