Search results

1. M

Better choice for ESXi = Xeon D vs C3000 Atom

thanks for your answers :) My workflow will consist of few Windows with AD/DNS/SQL which will run simultaneously and few other which I will power up when I will need them for eg. RHEL cluster with RHV/Cloudforms, some Linux for Ansible learning, most of VMs will be linux but only for learning...
  2. M

Better choice for ESXi = Xeon D vs C3000 Atom

Hello, I haven't seen any similar thread just for ESXi so I wanted to create one. I am wondering which platform should I go for my ESXi homelab server for learning. Xeon D-1541 = 8cores/16threads - its about 16.8 GHz on ESXi to utilize, with HT it will double or what? Atom C3955 =...
  3. M

Small/cheap ESXi homelab server

What about Xeon D-1541 compared to C3955 Atom? I just received price calculation and price will be similar.. Will ESXi 6.0 or 6.5 run on C3955 without problems? For fact it has 16 cores vs Xeon's 8cores/16threads but I don't know how this will work in practice...
  4. M

Hi :) thanks for your answer :) I would like to run some NAS app and ActiveDirectory for all the time. Then I would like to use for eg. Microsoft Windows Cluster or RHEL cluster or even RHV, I think 10 VM simultaneously max.. I dont think that they would need al lot of CPU.. but I think that...
  5. M

EU WTB: Xeon D / Supermicro Case / DDR4 RDIMMs

Hello, I would like to buy some of these: Supermicro MBD-X10SDV-8C+-TLN4F Supermicro MBD-X10SDV-6C+-TLN4F passive or active, no matters for now or combos with RAM/cases and so on. I live in Poland ;)
  6. M

Hello, I am looking forward to build an ESXi small homelab server to learn myself not only VMware (as I work with VMware a lot) but others like RHEL/RHV, SQL, for sure some Ansible/Puppet and so on, but not in the same time. I have calculated and my budget is quite low: 800-1000$ but the...