Search results

1. C

Potential Deal: 2 x Dual 2011 nodes @$199, Quanta Openrack

Hi @dba Also interested in : -Cpu's you are making use of. -quantity of servers in a rack -Power consumption while on full load And as @kidrobot asked which rack are you making use of .
  2. C

A+B : != sources of energy ( different sources of energy ). "power, cooling, remote management, lots of I/O options, and the ability to slap in newer hardware later with a minimal capital investment, then a blade enclosure is probably right for you" I want all of those except lot of IO options...
  3. C

Appreciate you input. I've discarded such approach since I've read about someone in WHT or LET to put into use his HP blade and if my memory serves me right he was sort of question about what you mention : power consumption . I'd go into a warehouse in .ro . Concerning the a+b : I doubt the...
  4. C

Actually what I'm seeking to achieve is to cram as many e5's as possible. I can make use of a single drive if needed but a big amount of cpus is my goal ( as rock bottom as possible) . Is there any enclosure that would allow me to place more powerful cpus / mobos/ram when mine get so...
  5. C

@hmartin of your general setup . In detail the storage route you made use of . I’m willing to grab as many as possible as I need to : Parse html +lzma a consideradle amount of data which comes to me (from a redundant set of server and my clients give back processed tasks ). If one of my boxes...
  6. C

Dear lord your are out of you f mind hahah. Can you please take some extra pics ? I'll re read all the thread to see the way to plunge those bloody e5 v2 :). As for the cpu blades : once I'm 100% sure the cpus work as I intend to I'll see what I can do with the enclosures ( made 'À la carte' ) .
  7. C

I'm from Latam but do have plans to get big amount if I can be sure that I can : put some v2's and make something like this ( who someone posted before): https://i.imgur.com/iqPtsdk.png Need it since I would like to put them into DC/warehouse in a rack. EDIT: how are you planning to put 8...
  8. C

I assume you mean that the quanta is close to $160 . What I don't get is : Why do you mention it does not include enclosure nor PSU ? I've seen this one : QUANTA WINDMILL SYSTEM 2 NODES W/ SYSTEM BOARD HEATSINK LGA2011 | eBay I assume it's not V2 and it wont have e5 v2 capabilities, right ...
  9. C

QUANTA WINDMILL v2 SYSTEM NODES 4x 12 CORE E5-2695v2 2.4GHz 128GB 2x 2TB SATA | eBay I should put the price of 4x cpus of that type closer to the 1.5k range, but still.
  10. C

Guys. Read most of the thread but I'm unsure if the same cheap $170 quanta chassis and mobo is the one being used here . I understand that in my sample seller makes use of one of the best V2's available but : say 1k for cpus 500-600 for ram 200 for drives so why does that config come so...
  11. C

Have to admit I've beeen quite lazy and have not read it all in detail. EDIT: Guys been reading this thread but have not seen anyone making use oE5V2 CPU's. Has someone been able to make use of them ? Ebay seller pdeinman or something like that told me it would work but I find it odd not...
  12. C

Quanta OCP Windmill v1 versus v2

Hi guys I’m new to the forum . I’m pecularly interested in some dual dual cpu (e5v2) that can be powered on an easy way with Europe electricity type (iirc they do have 220volts like us in latam ). I’m looking for something that is not insanely priced and that comes with cpus (ideally high end v2...