Search results

1. A

Correct Way to expand ZFS?

thanks for the reply, so there is no need to delete part 9 ? forgot to mention im doing it on a test server VM in the VM i have zfs raid 0 with 1 virtual disk. then i turn off the vm i expand the disk start the vm again so all i would need to do would be zpool set autoexpand=on pool Thank you
  2. A

Correct Way to expand ZFS?

Hi I was wondering if someone could shed currently wanted to know whats the correct way to expand a zfs pool these are the steps i normally take apt-get install parted zpool set autoexpand=on data2 then i delete the partition 9 not sure why i have to run it twice as the first time fails...
  3. A

Question about Headers IIS reverse proxy with NGINX

Thanks for the reply currently i ran the command and i got this So to accomplish the headers correctly i would need openresty? I currently complied NGINX with NAXSI running this, im not sure how would i compile for openresty ./configure \ --conf-path=/etc/nginx/nginx.conf \...
  4. A

Question about Headers IIS reverse proxy with NGINX

Hi I was wondering if someone could shed some light on the issue im having, Currently i have working great NGINX as reverse proxy for my IIS Im trying to get working the Strict-Transport-Security, X-Frame-Options, X-Content-Type-Options working my NGINX but it keeps showing that its not...
  5. A

Size mismatch VM windows with Proxmox ZFS?

hi there so evenly solved the issue, had to download sdelete and ran this command to fix it sdelete.exe -c d:
  6. A

Proxmox Backup Server

havent tried the PBS yet seems interesting but is it possible to run it every hour? without the vm freezing up? currently running my backups using pve-zync every hour works flawless but the PBS feature of restoring files really got me interested
  7. A

Size mismatch VM windows with Proxmox ZFS?

Hi I was wondering if someone else has had this issue before, Currently have Proxmox with raid 10 in ZFS and a VM windows server with virutal disk scsi 128 gigs with discard in the VM shows 4gigs used but on proxmox zfs says its using 87 gigs I checked the volblocksize on proxmox which is 8k...
  8. A

Cluster issue proxmox 5x to 6x ZFS

Hi, Recently doing a test to upgrade my test lab from 5x to 6x following the steps from the WIKI everything went well but installing proxmox 6 and rebooting i get the error on busy box undefined symbol: efi_rescan not sure what means. all of my 3 hosts had ZFS i tried importing manually but...
  9. A

Legacy or UEFI?

thanks for the reply, whats really odd is that when it boot it shows the blue screen which is normally legacy, when its uefi it shows the blackscreen what worries me is to replace a bad disk on grub these are the steps i normally do when i replace a uefi disk when it has grub sgdisk <healthy...
  10. A

Legacy or UEFI?

Hi recently installed proxmox latest iso on dell r720 with Bios on legacy mode. Everything went well and when it started the boot it shows the blue screen, As normally on uefi it shows the blackscreen. But i was updating a config and i saw that the boot was uefi. This is what i did so not sure...
  11. A

H310 IT Mode Not reading temperature? SOLVED

oo gotcha gotcha only issue is that the server in production running proxmox im guessing it cant be checked while running? it has to be rebooted?
  12. A

thanks for the reply, how could i check what it mode revision?
  13. A

Thanks for the reply, after putting differnt types of disks it seem that the disks i have dont support temperatures i put in a hitachi and it shows the temperature
  14. A

Hi Recently installed on my dell r720 H310 IT Mode which reads correctly the smart info but not the temperature. This is what im getting not sure if its the IT card or the server itself? root@prometheus:~# smartctl -a /dev/sda smartctl 7.1 2019-12-30 r5022 [x86_64-linux-5.4.34-1-pve] (local...
  15. A

File system data un-mounted?

Hi, i was currently looking at pyznap to send though SSH and it seemed to unmount my rpool data of my vms i tried rebooting the server and not sure what happend but the dataset seemed to got unmounted. i tried the following. whats odd is that the Vms are still working
  16. A

Change volume size? DD command?

Thanks for the reply only have 2 snapshots before messing up with the disk -
  17. A

Change volume size? DD command?

Hi I was wondering if someone could shed some light on the issue im having, Currently I have proxmox running ZFS, i realized an issue as the VM storage shows differently from the host itself on the vm storage shows but on the zfs pool of that disks shows this, meaning that using 4.5tb really...
  18. A

ZFS Z2 or Z3

Thanks for the reply, duly noted but lets say i have 8 disks i could go with raid 10 saying that i need speed rather then storage? as for the spinner im pretty happy with 10krpm SAS disks the issue with SSD is the space very small unless i do a SLOG but not sure if it would help much
  19. A

ZFS Z2 or Z3

Thanks for the reply, i guess ill go with the Z2 the scrubbing, i normally do weekly but changed it to monthly as it took days to finish but i guess it also depends on how often the data gets moved?
  20. A

Number of Non-Medium errors?

Thanks for the reply, well if thats the case i guess everything is fine so far no error on the scrub nor in the pool i guess i have to wait and see