Search results

1. badskater

Cooling Home Lab issues

Hey everyone, I finally had time to build a room for my homelab on my new house, but I've hit quite a snag. I've had some heating issues due to too much hot air in the room, and been trying to find a solution that won't cost an arm and a leg. (Isn't it why we also buy used hardware too :D)...
  2. badskater

Canada WTB bpn-adp for 2027tr

Hey guys, there was some on eBay a while ago at a good price, and now that I need these, I don't find them available at all. (I know the usual) Part Numbers: BPN-ADP-SAS2-H6IR BPN-ADP-S2208L-H6IR BPN-ADP-SAS2-L6R I put Canada, as I need Canada shipping with the US border behind me being...
  3. badskater

Azure StorSimple Question

Hey guys, i don't know if it's the right place, but I got 2 StorSimple 8100 from a customer who didn't need them anymore, and was wondering if it's possible to use those without using Azure at all. I just want to use them as normal storage for my lab, as it looks like a nice platform for the...
  4. badskater

Moving and need advices for chassis

Hi, i currently have a slicestor 1440 filled with 3TB drives, and would like to see if there's an alternative as I'm moving to the other side of the country, and I'm not gonna be in an house. I looking on eBay for Supermicro 846s, but i no longer see the deals we had before, so I'm wondering if...
  5. badskater

SC747 Power Supplies

Hi everyone, i got my hands on 3 x 7046GT-TRF from Supermicro to do some testings with VDIs. (I'll put GPUs later on, but i have a problem first) The only problem is that there are no PSU included in it, and when i check the GPU possible, they're not really cheap, and since it's for home, i'm...
  6. badskater

New SMB 10gbps Switches from Cisco

Hi guys, was just checking some stuff on a client site today, and i saw some great stuff that may be interesting for us in the "near" future if good deals appears. Cisco released the SG550XG and SG350XG series of switches either with 16 ports (8 SFP+ and 8RJ45, a bit like the SG500XG), with 24...
  7. badskater

SuperMicro CSE-417E16-RJBOD1 88-Bay 2.5" SAS2/SATA JBOD > $1.5k

Supermicro CSE 417E16 RJBOD1 88 Bay 2 5" SAS2 SATA JBOD SAS2 216EL1 SAS2 213EL1 | eBay I find it a great deal, as it's a single 4U JBOD for 88 x 2.5" HDDs. It's rare to see them go under $2k. Supermicro Link: Super Micro Computer, Inc. - Products | Chassis | 4U | SC417E16-RJBOD1
  8. badskater

HP S6500 + 8 x SL230s G8 Barebones < $2k

Hi guys, sharing this here, as the seller told me he won't ship to my location in Canada :( HP Proliant S6500 4U 8 Node CTO Chassis w 8x HP SL230S G8 Barebone | eBay $2k for 8 x Dual LGA2011 servers that support both v1 and v2 CPUs with 16 dimm slots. More infos on the SL230s G8...
  9. badskater

SYS-7037A-IL (LGA 1356) Barebone for $287.99

Supermicro Server Barebone System Sys 7037A IL | eBay A LGA1356 Barebone open box available for far cheaper than a normal new one. Not shipping to Canada, so can't take it :(
  10. badskater

Liquid8 Deals

Hello guys, instead of opening a new thread for every deals coming from him, i decided to open only one topic, and keep it updated for you. :) LGA2011 Barebones: Supermicro X9DRD If 1U Server CSE 813 BAREBONES Just Add CPU RAM | eBay (Only 8 Dimms tho, $299) Supermicro CSE 825 X9DRH ITF 2U...
  11. badskater

IBM YO Cable (SFF-8644 to Dual SFF-8088)

Has somebody tested them? Do they work on HBA others than IBM's? I have 2 SAS2 JBOD at home, and wanted to know this, as it would help with a smaller cable footprint in the rack to get more hdd space. (They're not used yet) Thanks, Link to the cable: New IBM 74Y9038 Yo Cable N23490FSFF 8088...
  12. badskater

Supermicro 1U Dual LGA2011 Barebone with 10gbps - $299

Found that while checking a seller on eBay. Missing the rail kit and the 2.5" sleds, but still $299 OBO for Dual LGA2011 with 2 x 10gbps SFP+ ports. I think that's a good deal. :) Supermicro X9DRW 7 Itpf 1U Server BAREBONES Just Add CPU RAM | eBay
  13. badskater

WTB: HP Blade Enclosure C3000 (with Canadian Shipping)

Hello people, i'm looking for a C3000 enclosure for cheap. I saw some on ebay for $350, so if somebody knows someone who has that enclosure and wants to get rid of it. I'll gladly take it. I only need the enclosure with PSUs and fans, as I already have most of my interconnects. Thanks a lot...