Search results

1. O

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

I was able to install using the text mode serial installer with the proxmox 8.1 iso on a Vectra S2, it's a rebranded Axiomtek Na361 Atom C2378 with serial port console the same as the riverbed.
  2. O

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

Right next to the sata power between ram slots and bmc. The header outlined in red is marked com2 on silkscreen, the header in yellow is case open switch I believe lol
  3. O

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

You have to use the serial image type from opnsense if you want to install over the serial console. It looks like it booted, but once the kernel loaded it stopped sending output to the serial console. I just installed opnsense today this way. Speaking of serial ports, anyone know the pin out...
  4. O

[US-OH] [WTB] ICX7400-4X10GF

Every switch has at least one, I assumed most of the stock came from resellers stripping them out of switches and if that's the case I would expect them to be cheaper. Although is they are only old stock replacements being sold off then I understand why seller would list at $75. I am waiting on...
  5. O

Yep, the breakout command is unfortunately not available. Even more frustrating is that the client side links at 10gb but, cycles up and down about ever 2 seconds. This makes me think the hardware may support this if the firmware would allow breakout..
  6. O

Hello all, Recently acquired an icx7450-24 and didn't do enough research to realize I couldn't use a QSFP to 4xsfp+ breakout cable in the rear 40gbps ports until after I plugged one in. Hoping someone might have an 4x10gbe sfp+ module for an icx 7450 laying around that they want to part with for...
  7. O

Converting an HP DL380e Gen8 14xLFF Server to a Disk Shelf

@zaudo, The "Ears" do come off, I removed them from my cage. I recall the screws are under the flip down doors. Disconnect the cables from the board, then snake the cables through the body of the disk cage, just go slow. If you were in the US, I would offer to send my set as I have no need for...
  8. O

This I recall is the backplane pinout, I rotated the pinout 90 degress so it matches the other image showing the cable plugged into the backplane. I left the white color pins empty. The first post in the thread from @amp88 shows that cable side pinout.
  9. O

@audiophonicz I'm sitting about the same, running 10 x ST3000NM0023's I see a range of 37 to 41C. Without the shroud they were running a few C higher. My fans are in the ~3000 to 3500 range, they will move 46CFM @ 4000rpm Delta AFB0812SH-sm26. The shroud is helping as I can feel the airflow...
  10. O

Since this thread has been getting more attention I thought I would post my completed version. In my original configuration, I had the drive cage in a 4u shelf, this took up too much room so I downsized to a 1u shelf. I also liked @audiophonicz fan mounting bracket, so I borrowed that idea...
  11. O

I'm not sure about multipath, but I know that failover works. In my testing with an lsi 2308-e I was able to pull one link cable and freenas reported no changes in the system logs, all disks still present. It seemed like multipath was not being reported on freenas when I had both cables...
  12. O

Potential Deal: 2 x Dual 2011 nodes @$199, Quanta Openrack

Anyone able to send me the b10 and b11 bios files?
  13. O

US - STH Perpetual Freebies Thread

I have a liebert/Emerson IS-WEBCARD HID6, out of a GTX2 ups that I took out of service. Liebert part number 416791G rev5. I'm in 43004 (Columbus, OH area), local pickup or probably fit in a small flat rate usps box.
  14. O

HP 3Par StoreServ 20000 12-Bay LFF 12Gbps Enclosure - $195

I'm considering one of these, but I was wondering about the tray's they use? Anyone have a part number? I have 12 smart trays from a dl380p, was hoping they might be reusable here.
  15. O

Your post peaked my interest, I wanted to know if it was possible to use locate or other leds. A quick search turned up sesutil in the freebsd man pages, to be able to control the lights on the backplane. Seems to be working, I was able to toggle locate and fault led on the trays. Seems we...
  16. O

I have not had time to finish this project, but I have the cage mounted in a rack shelf. I'm still working on mounting the fan cage to the shelf and working out an air shroud. Pictures are of the current state, 120mm fans are temporary till I can mount hp fans and build the shroud. I took a few...
  17. O

On the dl380p, there are two optional rear drive cages. The rear cage is connected to the front backplane via sata cables. I saw a sata port and figured I needed to try it out, freebsd saw the drive i connected to the sata port right away.
  18. O

Looking at the connector on the backplane its like this: Yellows are +12v, Grey are GND. A true server also provides 3.3v on one of the pins, but for just the cage this was not needed. Credit to @amp88 for figuring out the pinout out. I haven't had time to dedicate to this project and I'm...
  19. O

Recycling the heat from server room

You just need to put your Datacenter next to a heatpump water heater. Might get some recovery from that, but would only be worth while if you had a need to replace your existing water heater.
  20. O

I've attached the cage to an HP P410 raid array and it's seeing the drives as expected. Everything seems to be humming along without issue for the last few hours. I setup a loop running the DD command writing out 10GBs to a file over and over again. I'm on loop number 198 as of writing. With 3 x...