Search results

1. S

[Newegg] ASRock Rack D1541D4U-2O8R mATX 8-core Xeon D-1541 mobo with SFP+ $179!

I'm also interested in one if anyone decides they don't want theirs.
  2. S

[Newegg] ASRock Rack D1541D4U-2O8R mATX 8-core Xeon D-1541 mobo with SFP+ $179!

I don't suppose anyone has buyer's remorse? I need a new storage server =)
  3. S

WTB: sata cable #6J3R2 for Dell C6100

These are a bit thicker than the Dell cables, but I had a hard time finding them for a reasonable amount, so I decided to try these. You can run them along the side of the node like the 6J3R2, though, so I don't think they impact airflow much more than the official cables. Here are a couple of...
  4. S

WTB: sata cable #6J3R2 for Dell C6100

I can't help you source that cable, but I used the following products from Monoprice in my C6100: 18inch SATA 6Gbps Cable w/Locking Latch - UV Blue 18inch SATA 6Gbps Cable w/Locking Latch (90 Degree to 180 Degree) - UV Blue (important if you fill the PCIe slot!) They also have forward breakout...
  5. S

Group deal - Great Pricing for C6100 & C6220

I'm also interested in them but would love to hear more details as well.
  6. S

Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 2U 4-Node (8 CPU) Cloud Server

Ah, you're right, of course. In my excitement I missed that detail.
  7. S

Maybe <Nevermind, has full-height bracket> will interest some?
  8. S

Samsung 840 EVO 250GB $183 at Amazon

Newegg has it for the same price.
  9. S

WTB: Voltaire 4036 QDR Infiniband Switch

Was going to buy one on Ebay, but the price has increased. Anyone have one available? Thanks!
  10. S

Going to 10Gbe+

I'm using the JR3P1 mezzanine cards in a C6100.
  11. S

Going to 10Gbe+

I just wanted to chime in and say that I was completely unaware that IB even existed before coming here, but was able to get IBoIP running on ESXi 5.1 pretty easily. Getting it to work on other machines without a switch/subnet manager was more complex and I still need to figure out how to get...
  12. S

I don't believe that changing the setting bricks anything, at least not all the time, as I'm running all of my nodes set to static. I suppose I should switch all my statics to DHCP reservations at some point...
  13. S

I would suggest contacting whoever sold you the machine. I would think that a board with a bad component would be covered under a short term guarantee.
  14. S

I had this on one node. I was unable to configure IPMI on it, as the node would lock up after trying to change settings; so you may want to see if you can apply IPMI changes. Shortly after, the node started rebooting randomly. It was suggested to try to update the firmware, as I was a...
  15. S

Dell C6100, Hadoop, Infiniband - A New project log.

RimBlock, Have you gotten your Infiniband/ZFS squared away on CentOS? If so, do you have a writeup? I'm attempting to get them running as well, but there seems to be a lot of conflicting information out there and I keep hitting roadblocks. I, too, am running a C6100 with the mezzanine IB...
  16. S

Infiniband ESXi Storage Node

Update: If I remove all of the pass-through disks in the Areca utility and then recreate them, ESXi seems to be able to pick up only the first disk I set as pass-through. It doesn't matter which disk it is, it just recognizes the first one I configure and neither of the other two. I also...
  17. S

Infiniband ESXi Storage Node

I am attempting to rebuild (again) a storage node for my C6100 and have a couple of questions. Here is my proposed setup: 6 disks on onboard sata 6 disks on Areca ARC-1222 Mellanox dual port QDR Infiniband Daughter Card - JR3P1 directly connected to two other nodes with the same hardware...
  18. S

IB Question

dba, do you have a link to a resource that would give more information about this? I don't have a switch, so I am hoping to be able to direct-connect two ESXi 5.1 hosts to a NAS4Free node and I'm not sure where I can run the subnet manager(s). I am hopeful that I can run opensm on the NAS4Free...