Search results

1. Helzy

Creative Labs branded PIII PC

So, I'm having a heckuva time finding any links/pics for a Creative labs Branded Soundblaster PC from the early 2000's. Wondering if anyone here remembers this computer and might have some pics stashed somewhere?
  2. Helzy

Hoping to find a disk image of a WD DS6100/DS5100 Sentinel for the recovery partition

With many thanks to @Mighty Man for supplying me 3 of these units in hope of a a capture of an original drive I am sadly still looking. I am hoping to find a copy of one of the 2.5" boot drive images or the PANAM.ISO recovery file for this server system. It is a Windows Server 2012 Essential...
  3. Helzy

mini-pcie raid card?

Anyone know of a wee beastie like this: Mini PCIE Expansion Card 4 SATA 3.0 6Gb/s RAID MSI NCQ AHCI 1.0 88SE9215 Expansion Card for Host Controller - AliExpress That does HW RAID? this card doesn't, the 88SE9215 chip has no HW RAID the Marvell Tray utility it comes bundled with doesn't see...
  4. Helzy

Canada WTB - Unicorn RAM? 16GB ddr3 ECC SODIMM

Trying to max some memory on a WD Sentinel DS6100 uses ECC and I may be looking for a unicorn because I can't seem to find even a single 16gb ecc ddr3 sodimm but I'm reasonably certain they existed. Maybe my google-fu just sucks?
  5. Helzy

Proxmox 8.0 no-boot problem on a Thinkstation

Hi all, I have a Lenovo Thinkstation P330 Tiny, latest BIOS 03/24/2023 -i7-8700T -64GB RAM -2x 500GB matched NVMe drives Installation proceeds normally, when I get to the disk selection, I changed from ext4 to ZFS RAID1, it sees both drives, creates the volume for installation and everything...
  6. Helzy

Any users here do cross border purchasing & shipping?

I'm interested in building a trusted relationship to take advantage of some of the deals found in this forum. What I've found is, for instance, the tier one vendors will have a deal I'd like to leverage, however, the products are for the most part, unavailable in Canada. Perfect example, is the...
  7. Helzy

Lenovo ThinkCentre M75n Nano with Ryzen 5 3500U for $459 on Lenovo US website

These are on sale as are the Ryzen 3 units as well right now using coupon code NANODEAL https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/p/desktops/thinkcentre/m-nano-series/thinkcentre-m75n/11bss02g00 Can't order them from Canuckada sadly, I think this is pretty good deal at 60% off even if you are limited to...
  8. Helzy

Shipping to Canada via eBay?

Any other Canucks having just a terribad experience lately finding items/sellers that will ship to Canada? If Iog into eBay.ca, it won't even display items that aren't specified as shipping to Canada. I can see a plethora of stuff if I log into eBay.com when I do searches, but lately even...
  9. Helzy

Engineering Sample CPU's

So not certain it is even legal to sell these but they are all over eBay so I assume that it must be legit. I'm interested in the 35W i9 10900T to drop into a P340 Tiny with the Q470 chipset. All these samples though infer that the ES versions are chipset locked. Anyone know if this is...
  10. Helzy

Canada [WTT]: For Trade thread - Helzy

Afternoon all; I have a bunch of items I'll update this post with and keep my posts to this single thread. Want List: -HP T740 TC -HP EC200a storage expansion unit -Ubiquiti USW Flex XG w/USB-C power adapter -Core i9-10900T -Lenovo tiny nVidia T1000 8GB, 4GB -Matched pairs of pcie-3.0-x4-nvme...
  11. Helzy

TMM question in regards to Lenovo M715q (gen1)

Hi all, can anyone confirm whether the first gen units can upgrade beyond the AMD Pro A10-9700E into an AMD Ryzen Pro 5 2400GE ? Or will this only work on the gen 2 units?
  12. Helzy

Threadripper with a Wraith Ripper in a 4U chassis?

Looking at a Rosewill L-4500 or equivalent 4U server chassis to house a 2nd gen 2950X and a wraith ripper. I know the Wraith ripper is 6.3 inches tall so that leaves .7 inches or about 17mm for the standoffs and height of the proc on the mobo. Wondering if anyone at Servethehome has attempted...
  13. Helzy

2.5" 2TB drives for NAS use

Greetings all, Seagate is not making any 2.5" Ironwolf drives currently and I was wondering about replacing a batch of four WD Blue 2.5" 5400 RPM drives in a NAS enclosure (Qnap SS-839 Pro) with these new 2TB Seagate ST2000LM015 drives. I have multiple WD Red 2.5" wd10jfcx drives, but they top...