Search results

1. Helzy

HPE EC200A Xeon D-1518 'hybrid server' on ebay ~$150

Unless they are open box units they come with the 180W PSU
  2. Helzy

Lenovo Thinkcentre/ThinkStation Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

USB-C NIC's 2.5/5/10 work well if you plan on leveraging the PCIe slot for fast storage.
  3. Helzy

I was included, for the other poster, it came with 4 WD Red drives, replaced with some EXOS drives no difference to heat or noise, however, I have no tools to measure the true values and my assertion is anecdotal
  4. Helzy

I have one sitting about 3 feet from me running 24/7. It has a hum, but nothing terrible. If you had one set up near a TV for instance I doubt very much you would hear it.
  5. Helzy

You might, on the M920x at least, there is a grill for heat/airflow that if you put a half mil pad and half mil HS you'd probably impede the airflow capability built in
  6. Helzy

$300 is a good price, and M920X with the radeon rx 560 I see are all $500USD and up if not more.
  7. Helzy

Well to be clear, M720q and M920q do have pcie, however, they lack the second m.2 drive slot. Also typically if you go the Tiny Thinkstation route rather than the ThinkCentre route, they generally come with the PCIe riser, You won't often find the riser included with M720q/M920q units, they...
  8. Helzy

I'd suggest the tiny thinkstations or as you mention the M910x/M920x/M90q versions, mainly for two reasons, 2x M.2 slots and PCIe addon capability.
  9. Helzy

Creative Labs branded PIII PC

Must have been some sort of 3rd party deal, I had two of them and one of them was the first PC I modded, i.e., paint, Dremel and acrylic window cables sleeving and OC'ing. EDIT: thank you for the video! yes EMPAC PC partnership
  10. Helzy

Creative Labs branded PIII PC

So, I'm having a heckuva time finding any links/pics for a Creative labs Branded Soundblaster PC from the early 2000's. Wondering if anyone here remembers this computer and might have some pics stashed somewhere?
  11. Helzy

Lenovo M700/M900 BIOS mod to Coffee Lake CPUs

Yes I have the v1.7 with green pcb as well.as.the black and gold one.
  12. Helzy

I"m in the same boat. Line me up as #2 behind @tammyTUX for a communication board if anyone has one or knows of a source thats not thru the roof expensive.
  13. Helzy

Very nice, There are several sources for a new version of the CH341A programmer that is 3.3V, I have both both worked fine, however, the 5V unit is now kind of retired, my luck is luck Murphy's law so I spent $25 on ALI for the 3.3V unit.
  14. Helzy

Yes most are actually mini-pcie cards with built in SIM slot on the card. The Lenovo one I posted is.not
  15. Helzy

something like this? https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/p/accessories-and-software/mobile-broadband/4g-lte/4xc0r38452
  16. Helzy

Found one that ships to NA https://www.ebay.ca/itm/235278407936
  17. Helzy

Yessir @mobilenvidia outlines the process in this thread, read from.the beginning
  18. Helzy

This might be a dumb question but why not just install v8?
  19. Helzy

Should work with the merged BIOS method and coffee lake mods the BIOS I believe controls the voltage