Search results

1. K

OSX HBA IT mode cards

Well, there is only one way to find out. Try it and report back.
  2. K

OSX HBA IT mode cards

There is a bunch of LSI 9211-8i selling for £29+ on eBay. And I can confirm that you can cross flash them to IT, RAID mode or to H310 Perc without any problems forwards and backwards. And that they support over 2TB disks. This card I got supports a 8TB HGST drive, Highpoint Rocket RAID 2710 card...
  3. K

OSX HBA IT mode cards

Found it: [Guide] Z820 - El Capitan The great guide (Sucess) - Installation Guides I don't have the card at hand but it looks promising. It has this section in it <key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key> <string>0x00641000&amp;0xFFFFFFFF 0x00651000&amp;0xFFFFFFFF...
  4. K

esxi having an issue.. help please

Dear dragonme, forgive me the off-top. I don't know how to PM here. Could you please share the kexts you mention in the thread OSX HBA IT mode cards on Google drive or Mediafire please? David
  5. K

OSX HBA IT mode cards

Hi, would you mind sharing the kexts? Or at least their names so there is something to google for. The link you provided is dead. The compatibility list does not say anything about LSI 9212 but you claim it works. How come? Did you edit the plist? Also, could you share something what is mystery...
  6. K

Highpoint Rocketraid 2710 with 8TB HGST

That thread is old. I've seen it. It is about system 10.8. El Capitan (10.11) has built in driver. If there was a fix, they would have issued an update via Apple. I wonder which kext it is and maybe try one from a later operating system or just try and run a later OS e.g. High Sierra installer...
  7. K

Highpoint Rocketraid 2710 with 8TB HGST

Hi, I have this Highpoint Rocketraid 2710 with 8TB HGST SAS HDD. I can get it show up in Windows 7 with Quick Bios but whenever I boot it into Mac, it says 1TB Legacy, Disabled. At first it did not even show in Raid BIOS but after I created an array with Quick BIOS under Windows Web Manager...