Search results

1. E

Intel Avoton C2750 Benchmarks - Supermicro A1SAi-2750F

Have any of you installed esxi onto a thumb drive using the internal USB3 header? I'm using a Sandisk thumb drive on mine and am not seeing it as an available option. I'm booting from 5.5 Update 2 (VMware-VMvisor-Installer-5.5.0.update02-2068190.x86_64.iso). I have tried various changes in...
  2. E

X9SCM-IIF-O IPMI NIC Interface Lockup

Just a quick update. It's been close to a week now with no dropouts. Before the change the IPMI interface wouldn't make it longer than 24 hours so I think I can say the issue has been resolved. As an FYI, I logged into another production X9SCM-IIF-O and noted the MAC address of that IPMI...
  3. E

The primary LAN interface MAC ends in C. The IPMI interface MAC ends in D. I just restarted the box remotely and logged into the IPMI web interface to check the type of interface. I had it set to failover. I've now changed it to dedicated. Hopefully this resolves any confusion the system may be...
  4. E

Yeah it's only this one board that has the issue. All the boards I have in production are all at the same bios revision and IPMI FW version. I'll give v1.6 a try though, thanks.
  5. E

I'm having trouble finding an answer to this problem so I thought I'd try here. I have several of Supermicro X9SCM-IIF-O motherboards in various systems. The one system system in question has a dedicated instance of Windows 7 x64 (no virtualization) running on a SSD. The IPMI NIC interface drops...
  6. E

Supermicro X9SCM-IIF compatible with Supermicro 200W PSU?

Awesome supermacro, thank you! I just wanted to be sure before powering up. Voltages are looking good in IPMI so I'm moving on. :)
  7. E

Supermicro X9SCM-IIF compatible with Supermicro 200W PSU?

I missed Supermicro technical support by about 10 minutes tonight and really need to find out if these parts are compatible so I thought I'd ask here. I ordered the following Supermicro motherboard and chassis/psu as a very barebones server. When starting to build it tonight I noticed the...
  8. E

Xpenology [Synology DSM 4.1 for x86]

Currently I have it running as a VM on an ESXi 5.1 host for testing. VMware Paravirtual SCSI driver support was supposed to be added to XPEnology DS3612xs DSM 4.1 build 2668++ (more hardware) but I found installing this hardware actually causes the VM to shut itself down after boot. I wasn't the...
  9. E

I'm not exactly sure but I can tell you that it's based off the GLP source code Synology provides on sourceforge. http://sourceforge.net/projects/dsgpl/ I found this project in the Synology forums under the mods section. Here is the specific thread...
  10. E

I found out about this community project last week and thought I would share the link in case there is any interest. Xpenology is essentially a modified Synology DSM firmware that can run as a virtual machine. Some physical hardware support has been added and it looks like driver support will...
  11. E

X8sil-f ram

May have answered my own question. If I'm reading the site and white papers correctly, the "I" stands for Intel Certified. "Customers ordering the ValueRAM "I" part are assured of receiving the same part posted on Intel's memory validation list and also will receive the full benefit of Intel and...
  12. E

X8sil-f ram

I'm curious about this set as well. I was debating ordering 2 of these or (4) singles. Also, does anyone know the difference between the KVR1333D3D4R9S/8G and KVR1333D3D4R9S/8GI? 8G: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820139140 8GI...
  13. E

10-Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) Networking - NICs, Switches, etc.

Actually XZed, Yer in luck, Microsoft just released an updated version of their ISCSI Target software yesterday for free that works on Server 2008 R2 Standard, Enterprise and Datacenter Editions. It couldn't of come at a better time. :)...