Search results

1. 9

2U Short JBOD Disk shelf - SAS3

Shorter works better as network equipment sit on the other side of the rack. Is compatible AOC-SAS3-9300-8E HBA required or any LSI compatible works? Is there anything else needed for the setup?
  2. 9

Great info! Give me a few days to digest this. Possible to have a mix of both 2.5 and 3.5” drives? Still trying to digest info from this. May need to put a table together
  3. 9

Looking for approx 12 drives disk shelf supporting SAS3 backplane. Don't need to install m/b. Just for power supply and drives. Current setup is becoming a hot mess with cables connecting to drives. What are the options? I read somewhere a regular chassis can be mod to run with m/b.
  4. 9

Crossflash Dell H330 to HBA330

Latest Dell HBA330 16.17.01.00, A08 version. I have to check if I can enable power management thru Trunas after I rack the server. Inner rails aligned with 2 out of 3 holes. Got the server racked after discovering the partially covered slot.
  5. 9

Finally find some time to look into the HBA. using sas3flash program to access card works. either displaying info or SAS address. Looks like the newer version of firmware only works with sas3flash but not megacli. sas3flash -listall or sas3flash -listsasadd
  6. 9

Said controller is installed in Dell server. taping pin 5 & 6 is not needed. Current firmware is on version 16.17.01.00. Usually going into configuration is to check if all drives shows up. However thru Lifecycle -> Device Setting, I was able to view/change controller config and drive...
  7. 9

Try to flash the smc3108.rom file results in error. megacli.exe -adpfwflash -f smc3108.rom noverchk -a0 ERROR:Could not detect controller. Failed to get ControllerId List. Failed to get CpController object. Exit Code: 0x 1
  8. 9

I did find the same package zipped file from a reddit post. I did not use the fw in the zipped file. Instead I used the fw from Dell site. But I cant get into the LSI configuration using Ctrl-C. Though the firmware is reported to be the latest version and TruNas is able to see the drives...
  9. 9

Found the web archive for the cross flashing instructions. Link to the zipped file is not working. Looking for SMC3108.rom file as detailed in step4 of the instructions. Any idea where to download? 4. Now, Flash the H330 card with the SMC3108.rom. Type: megacli -adpfwflash -f...
  10. 9

What is a HUH72808CLAR8000?

sorry for bring this back to life. I have 4 HUH72808CLAR8000 drives. Anyone updated firmware on these drives?
  11. 9

Inspur-branded LSI9300-8i for $50

I bought one from the seller last month. Works out of the box in r240 running Trunas.
  12. 9

Sliding rail kit for Dell R240

Inner P/N W874K is the same for static rails kit. Any idea what other models uses P/N W875K too?
  13. 9

Sliding rail kit for Dell R240

Dell static rails kit A4 is listed for R240. Are they compatible sliding rails kit ? Anyone use one before?
  14. 9

Dell Poweredge R240 - Barebones w/ Xeon E-2124 - $180

Where did you install the drive? 4 of the drive bays are populated. found a video showing how to install. also ordered both the Dell MGRV7 PowerEdge R240 R340 Optical Drive Power Cable and slim ODD to 2.5” 9.5 mm kit from Amazon.
  15. 9

Installed 4 SAS drives with acquired caddies. All 4 drives are recognized by LSI 3008 HBA in IT mode. Is it possible to add a small SSD boot drive using one of SATA port? There is no room for another drive. One option is to install USB drive near the memory. Not ideal.
  16. 9

is the backplane compatible with SAS drives? I know connectors are the same Is it not possible to the same backplane with a different HBA?
  17. 9

nevermind.. it finally bootup after i come back 20 mins later.
  18. 9

i'm having issue trying to bootup the server. it will try to spin up after pressing button. Upon releasing the power button, it power down. Nothing on the display. Pulled out the ram and its the same issue. Any idea what to check?
  19. 9

I installed Inspur LSI 9300-8i flashed to IT mode. Mine came with creative sound blaster card too. Swap it out for for a dual port SFP+ nic.