Search results

1. L

[FS] Sonnet 10GE Thunderbolt 3 NIC/adapter $150

Item Photo.... Selling a perfect condition Sonnet 10GE / Thunderbolt network adapter. I finally got around to buying a switch with 10GE ports so this becomes redundant. I've had this working under Ubuntu, Windows10, and the Mac forums are littered with people using it for media editing...
  2. L

FS - Solo10G Thunderbolt3 10GBASE-T w/ multi-gig support

Yep, and even 100Mbps if you have a strong love for the 1990s! https://www.sonnettech.com/product/solo10g-tb3/techspecs.html#techspecs
  3. L

FS - Solo10G Thunderbolt3 10GBASE-T w/ multi-gig support

Selling one of these guys: lightly used, works perfectly. I've interop'ed this with three or four different NICs/switches on the other end, it works as expected at 2.5, 5, and 10G. Asking $125, shipped domestic US... https://www.sonnetstore.com/products/solo-10g
  4. L

FS: 6x HGST 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s $180

I outgrew this set in my home array, so looking for a good home. These were purchased online maybe mid-2016 and have been happily spinning in my home server since then. All drives passed SMART check, and a full 4-pass (~24 hour) badblocks run. a zipfile with smartctl and hdparm output for...
  5. L

FS: Supermicro X10SRL-F motherboard $200

Gently used, updated to current IPMI/BIOS. $200 plus shipping. Supermicro | Products | Motherboards | Xeon® Boards | X10SRL-F
  6. L

FS: HP EX920 1TB SSD - $120: basically new: less than 4TB drive writes so far

Selling a barely used 1TB HP920EX SSD. I bought this ~6mo ago to get my "old" work laptop through it's last little bit of lease time, and just got a refresh with its own 1TB so this one gets to find a good home. It's been lightly used, the SMART data reports between 3-4 TB of data written, so...
  7. L

SOLD: Supermicro X9SRA, e5-2630L v2, 32GB DDR3 ECC, Radeon 4350 512MB

Price reduced to $280. It's a fileserver in a box! ;-)
  8. L

$15: Almost free to good home! 2xNZXT 120mm 3-pin fans, 1xKingwin 140mm 3-pin fan

new case, new fans, so these get to find somewhere to live. all 3-pin variants, pulled from my old system, all run smoothly with no rattles or vibration or anything like that. 2x NZXT 120mm 3-pin 1x Kingwin 140mm 3-pin. $10 for all three (I just want them to get used somewhere rather than...
  9. L

REALLY "sluggish" video drawing on X10SRL-F via IPMI VGA

Yeah it was really odd, like there was some horrible block/sync call in the frame buffer. As far as the IPMI versions, I think from something like 3.27 up to 3.65.
  10. L

ARGH. Upgrading the IPMI firmware fixed it. I was told by the person I bought the board from that it had been updated to the latest, but I never actually verified this. Sorry for the spam ;-)
  11. L

SOLD: Supermicro X9SRA, e5-2630L v2, 32GB DDR3 ECC, Radeon 4350 512MB

It's a fileserver in a box - just add power and drives! Somewhat seriously: I upgraded my home VM/lab machine recently so I'm selling the guts of the old one. Components (with links): CPU: Intel E5-2630L v2 CPU. 6 core / 12 thread. Memory: (qty 8) 4GB Micron PC3-10600 ECC DRAM. 32GB...
  12. L

So I never said it needed to be super fast, nor would I plan on doing anything like this in a "real" production environment. I was just curious as to whether this was a known / expected thing and/or if it could be mitigated. And I wouldn't consider it a graphical environment, it's just the boot...
  13. L

Thoughts on Passive Heatsinks for Home server build?

I have that mobo, and you absolutely need the narrow ILM. I bought this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007UXPIX4 and it works in my "regular tower" case with a few inches to spare. I used the links below to figure out the IPMI and made some notes I've pasted here... in my setup I run...
  14. L

Any thoughts on changing TIM on chipsets/SAS controllers?

What sorts of thermals are you seeing that you're concerned about? Virtually everything is built to tolerate much warmer ambient temps than people have in their homes, so in almost all cases there's no real benefit to improving the thermals on something like these. In some cases making the...