Search results

1. W

Samsung PM1735 - No drivers, no firmware found anywhere?

So i got one of the new Samsung PM1735 PCI-E 4.0 NVME drives, 3.2TB MZPLJ3T2HBJR-00007 | Samsung Enterprise SSD | Samsung Semiconductor Type: MZPLJ3T2HBJR-00007 Installed it in my workstation and it works but i'm trying to find drivers or firmware for maximum performance or to be able to...
  2. W

Samsung PM1733 - Where to buy?

So the new samsung enterprise ssd's were released a while ago: https://www.servethehome.com/samsung-pm1733-pm1735-pcie-gen4-ssds/ Anyone know when and where they are available for purchase?
  3. W

DELL started to vendor-lock switches again

Just got off the phone with DELL support, they just confirmed they will be starting to vendor-lock their switches again starting from OS10 and higher. For example switches like the S4112F-ON running OS10 won't be a accepting generic SFP+'s anymore. (A S4080-ON with OS9 works fine) Anyone else...
  4. W

Intel XL710 40G not detected on DELL Poweredge servers

Hi, We are having a strange issue where i have 4 dual port 40G NIC's with the Intel XL710 chipset which will not work properly on multiple dell poweredge systems. The cards show up in the bios, but are not properly detected in the OS and the i40e drivers are not loaded. Servers tried...
  5. W

Planning a new XEON-W workstation build

Hi, I'm planning a new workstation based on the new XEON-W platform, currently i'm running a X99 with i7-5820k (6C/12T 3.30 - 3.8) and 16G of ram (which im running out of all the time): Build’s Name: Workstation Operating System / Storage Platform: Windows 10 x64 Enterprise CPU: LGA2066 Intel...