Search results

1. D

EXPIRED Kioxia XG8 1TB M.2 PCIe4 $48 shipped

In 4 2. :) Need moar spares.
  2. D

Can Windows 11 do 10 Gbps?

Speaking from experience: tuning cards over 1gbps is more of an art than science. :) Sometimes it feels like the butterfly effect is real. I have a 40gbps network at home and I have been tuning endpoints ever since I got it. Different PCI cards, BIOS settings, MULTIPLE QSFPs. I am even known for...
  3. D

[SOLD][FS][CA] Small home lab server: AsRock Rack X570D4U + 5800X + 128 Gb

At that price point, it is a very good deal. GLWS. If you decide to ship, dibs, lmk, I might need a third for my cluster of X570D4Us (5900x and 5600x).
  4. D

ZFS NVMe performances questions

btw. ZFS is NOT a performance oriented file system.
  5. D

Looking for a recommendation of a 22110 (or 2280) that is cool to the touch

Actually, I think I owe you guys a follow up. The project for now, has been suspended, as in, I am sourcing NanoPi R6C, but it will take a few weeks (shipment from China). So for now, I put the P31 inside the Icy Dock AC MB861U31-1M2B I got from Provantage and I started using it with my MBP. I...
  6. D

I ordered a P31/2TB (thanks @UhClem ), let's see how it behaves. :) I will cross check with a bunch of Samsungs and Teamgroups I have lying around. I might have some ADATAs as well. Thanks guys! (I ended up skipping 530s as I do not need a gen4 and I was not willing to pay premium for a 510 from...
  7. D

Hey! I am building a R5S-based box and need a recommendation for a cool (as in "not HOT") NVMe. I only have one lead so far: Samsung 980. If you have any other leads for a 22110 (or 2280) based NVMe storage, please let me know. The less heat, the better, I am going for a passively cooled appliance.
  8. D

[FS][US-CA] AMD 3900X Workstation Server

Pics of ASRock Rack X570D4U?
  9. D

Temporary File Sharing

GCS Bucket?
  10. D

Setup PC as a Webserver.

You are either trolling or you need to read up a bit or take some courses. It is as if you could ride a bike, but you asked us if you could race Indy 500 without even knowing how to drive a car yet alone a race car. PS. Your CPU if fine, though.
  11. D

Home switch recommendation.

Hey Guys, I think I have reached the limit with my 2920's. I have a 48p POE HP aruba 2920 with 2 10G modules (4 ports) in the basement, serving my network. This thing is a workhorse and I love it. I have just finished wiring the upstairs and built myself a network closet. I have also ran a pair...
  12. D

Kube home cluster hardware ideas

An ODROID (H3 (+)?)?
  13. D

Any drive-imaging system that allows easy access to image contents?

Isn't that what the OP wanted?
  14. D

DELL T40 E-2224G | 8G RAM | 1TB HDD | DVD

You can upgrade any of those components except for the network card since it is built into the motherboard. You might need to search hard for replacements though.
  15. D

A cheap but good small managed gigabit switch for homelab

Any Mikrotik running their SwOS would be more than adequate. (WTG! OP all the way back from 2018! :) )
  16. D

Aruba 2920 / Intel X540 NICs not working at 10GB speed?

That's trolling. 10gbps is perfectly feasible on copper.
  17. D

Synology vs DIY NAS for home?

You are welcome.You will be very happy with your solution for what you needed it for.
  18. D

While I love OpenZFS, I was not able to get it running on the ODROID (I haven't tried that hard, tbh., I looked around for packages and googled a bit, but I was too lazy to compile the module myself, so I went with brtfs, works great. It was probably 2+ years ago, so YMMV). As for the...
  19. D

Maybe an ODROID-HC2 is more to your liking? (Disclaimer: I am using one as a Tier 2 or Tier 3 (if you count online destinations) and it has been flawless for about 2 years now.