Search results

1. D

WTB: HP MSA 2040 SAN array

I actually have this. Here is the benchmarks and what it cost me. I did the benchmarks with two different HP DL360p with 2x E5-2690 v2 processors and 288GB of ram, using Server 2012 R2. The SSDs I'm using were ones Patrick already reviewed a couple of times. I was largely comparing how the...
  2. D

Advice needed for an Always On SQL server build

Sorry to post and run, I got caught out with a pile of little one alarms to put out WRT SSD raid, I'll go do some research, that's very good to know thank you. WRT TEMPDB, I'll go see if I can't poll some data points there and larn me sumthin. We're stuck with EE. I know we're using some of...
  3. D

The data isn't all hot that's for sure, but it all needs to be available, and determining what data is hot has turned out to be problematic. SSRS can definitely be a contention point at times, but usually isn't the problem. I have about 250 active users and for about eight hours on Fridays...
  4. D

Hi STH, I'll call this my first post, although actually it's my second. I don't recall how I stumbled in here, but I've been a somewhat dedicated lurker. You all rock! You're doing really interesting things here with in reality shoestring budgets which sounds eerily like my day job. Since...
  5. D

On ebay: Quanta 48p GbE + 2x 10GbE L3 switch @ 289USD

I think they're meaning "Open Flow" and SDN network infrastructure. OpenFlow.org appears to be a legacy specification and has moved over here "Open Network Foundation". Looks like there is maybe a decent enough firmware to start with, with the idea that you'll build your own firmware for...