Search results

1. R

OSX HBA IT mode cards

First off, I'm sorry to revive such an old thread but I guess my question is somewhat relevant to this thread. I attached a Sun F80 800GB WarpDrive (converted to RAID mode) to my Mac Pro mid-2010. The WarpDrive works with the attached kext by kurbads with the cMP in OSX El Capitan but I am not...
  2. R

Sun F40/F80 to Seagate WarpDrive firmware (RAID Mode)

If the SAS ID warning annoys you, you can correct this by adding the SAS ID back via the oprom or via lsiutil. If you didn't list down the original SAS ID, the SAS ID can be found in the card itself (sticker with a barcode starting with 500605B) Since you formatted the drives before adding the...
  3. R

@Markess At that portion of his guide where you reboot with the partial firmware flashed to the warpdrive the oprom actually will not load. You'll see it again after flashing the complete Nytro firmware. Have you tried seeing if the warpdrive is detected in Windows? I usually flash the entire...
  4. R

Cheap chinese x79 mobos

Any chance there was someone here in this forum who bought one of the 50+ Alienware X79 motherboard I sold on ebay? The said board is by far the best we have in my location, you can get the said board in our area for around $48. I think better quality compared to the China boards.
  5. R

Question about Dynatron cooler for Xeon E5-1650 v3

@jang430 it would be best to have a fan blowing air to one side of a passive cooler just like how 1U and 2U servers design airflow in a tight chassis. IMO simply using the intake and exhaust in that NODE 804 won't be enough for a the supermicro passive coolers I mentioned. You can test with...
  6. R

Question about Dynatron cooler for Xeon E5-1650 v3

@jang430 For 1U SNK-P0047PS should work and for 2u SNK-P0048PS should work as per Supermicro. Both coolers are passive.
  7. R

Will E5 2x series work in workstation thats got E5 1x series single socket cpu

Yes, it should work. Ex. Dell T3600, it is compatible with E5-2600 series. Mostly, all true X79 chipset motherboards supports E5-1600 series and E5-2600 series Sandy Bridge-EP.
  8. R

What I actually did was search for said hex-values using HxD. Both F40 and F80 models firmware starts and ends with the said values.
  9. R

I'm trying to figure out how to program VPD. I am able to set manufacturing information back after it is converted using lsiutil -e but not the VPD. Since VPD information is not programmed, you will get "VPD information not programmed in this controller." error when you select 6. Show Vital...
  10. R

Manufacturing information can be programmed manually using lsiutil -e. The VPD requires a file. Does anyone know how to make a valid VPD file? I’ve been trying to figure that part out.
  11. R

You can add WWN Address for the card using lsiutil root @ terminal lsiutil -e Select adapter Select option 18 Input the SAS address Reboot If you formatted the warpdrive before adding a SAS address the RAID array will be dropped and will become a foreign configuration, you will have to...
  12. R

I've been selling said Sun Oracle F40/F80 in my location for more than a year now. I recently received a message from a fellow member from our local trading site about him finding a way to flash the card properly so that it would run in full pcie x8 2.0 speed. In this site below, you'll find...
  13. R

LSI WarpDrive Sun Oracle F80 800GB PCI-E SSD $95 FS

***Warning*** Do not set a SAS WWN, this will set a "Component Failure" on OPROM POST which will render all the controller no seeing any SSD. I'm still figuring out how to do a recovery. Fix You have to reactivate the raid volume using lsiutil since it was detected as a foreign volume. After...
  14. R

Confirmed this conversion procedure today. I have successfully cross-flashed from Sun Oracle Firmware to Seagate Firmware. My Sun Flash F40 is now running on 13.00.08.00 firmware from Seagate. A few things I noticed. Legacy Bios OPROM will say SAS Address not set.
  15. R

Sorry to necropost, but I just received a private message from our local computer parts trading forum. Its seems he has figured out how to flash Seagate Nytro Firmware into his Sun Flash F80. Instructions are available here. Converting a Sun/Oracle F40/F80 Flash Accelerator to a LSI/Seagate...