Search results

1. P

Fall 2020 Home Network Upgrades

Well, I bit the bullet. I now potentially have upwards of 600mbps/20mbps for an Internet connection with Comcast's XT-6 Modem Router Gateway as part of the package deal at roughly the $60 (USD) mark last month. I use (and have used) Netgear Nighthawk Router (of the minimal marketing terms...
  2. P

ESXi 6.7u3, Napp-It AIO, & Tuning

Hello, Effectively a repost (if I can remove the other one). I don't want to rework everything, but I also have no qualms about ripping everything out to rebuild and configure everything (ESXi 6.7u3, Napp-It, etc.) with a clean slate. The all Intel server (my ESXi box) has: effectively the...
  3. P

Refreshing the Intel S2600 with ESXi & Napp-It

(admins - please move as deemed appropraiate) so..with so many different changes happening all at once.. I figure this might be the best place for it.. I've had a cough for most of December, but it came to a nasty wretched head right during Christmas.. I thought I'd over it rather quickly, but...
  4. P

WiFi networking three blocks over

Any off the self solutions to network over/across three blocks (under a 5 minute walk) from Point A to Point B? I do have a few 150Mbps USB adapters, curious for a possible solution. maybe a home brew mesh network using the Raspberry Pis
  5. P

Windows

sorry, figured this was the best spot for Windows 7 - been tasked with removing and disabling MS Live Messenger & MS Skype from Windows 7 for my father, something he manually closes at the moment -- never had this issue on my personal machines.. tried google already, but no dice so far with the...
  6. P

X8DA3

So just how much power does the X8DA3 require? The modified PDU (on the 846) using either the 900w or the 1200W-SQ simply will not power the X8DA3.. so what gives?
  7. P

choopy sound on HP 8200 Elite CMT

the sound gets choppy and distorted every ~30 seconds or so on a Sandy Bridge Core i5.. any ideas for newer drivers for Windows 10? HP doesn't have any online - EOL..
  8. P

Family Network Filter

Know of any network content filters to recommend for an entire home/family instead of per device content filters?
  9. P

A1SRI-2758F

nice little board, but I hope the AVG54 bug isn't at my door. Installed FreeNAS 11. I turned it off when I didn't see immediately see how to import non-encrypted drives. Turn it on today, started copying files off and then it went offline. Rebooted FreeNAS and my desktop. FreeNAS reports...
  10. P

DNS Server - How to build it?

Will a DNS server help me with my 30 real and virtual devices and services?? If So How do I deploy or build it out? Dedicated or shared IPMI : S2600CP2J (IPMI key option) A1SRI-2758F X7DVL-E (either w/ add-on - have both styles w/ & w/o LAN port) H8DME-2 (either w/ add-on - have both styles...
  11. P

Napp-It AIO on 6.5[6.7] and Windows 10 Pro

@gea, Can you explain this behavior? I just got done installing ESXi 6.7 and Napp-It (via OVA, dated May 2018), then stepped down to ESXi 6.5U2 and restored/registered Napp-It with ESXi 6.5. I can get files from Windows 10 Pro to the file share on Napp-It, but I can't get any sized file (little...
  12. P

Supermicro A1SRI-2758F IPMI Remote Media Not Working

Scratching my head.. My old Supermicro X7DVL-E, while is limited on RAM resources and runs hot enough to heat the room during the winter, all of the IPMI functions simply worked. I am not getting the IPMI remote media to take with this A1SRI-2758F, it simple jumps to the HDDs from the former...
  13. P

Move Data from ESXi 5.5 to ESXI 6.7 on different boxes

While I could run the older ESXi 5.5 box with the cover off, I can't do that so well witth the ESXi 6.7 box (it's the Intel P4216 - the one with 16x 2.5" and virtually zero means for running 3.5" HDDs). Looking for other means, if possible, to transfer data.
  14. P

Upgrade to 10GB - How?

Looking at a local seller which has: Dell PowerConnect 6224 which is stated to have up to 4x 10Gb ports? Living space quiet or move on to something else? Chelsio CC2-N320E-SR Dual Port Network Adapter Card Myricom 10G-PCIE-8A-S Network Adapter Any advice on these parts? No cables, so will need...
  15. P

ESXi 6.7 - USB Flash to Boot and Datastore?

Using a 32GB USB Flash drive to boot ESXi and works great so far. I have 25GB of free space and was hoping to host FreeNAS or IllumiOS as well, but so far the web utilities won't budge to allow a datastore in the free space. Wondering if this is a new feature of EXSi 6.7 or an imposed limit of...
  16. P

Refreshing the ESXi server

Build’s Name: WorkHorseII OS: ESXi (or HyperV) to host Windows Server, Windows, Linux, BSD, FreeNAS, pfSense, unTangled, etc. CPU: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2670 (V1) Motherboard: Intel S2600CP2J Chassis: Intel P4216xxMHGR RAM: 128GB (16 x 8GB) Drives: Various; Seagate 4TB for FreeNAS Power Supply...
  17. P

Advice: Myricom 10G-PCIE-8AL-S Network Adapter(s)

Good, Bad, Ugly? dual port @ ~ $120 single port @ ~ $53
  18. P

RasPBX (Apr 2018) getting calls with Google Voice and Bluetooth

The Hardware: Raspberry Pi 3 Mobel B, RasPBX (raspbx-03-12-2017.zip) installed on an 8GB microSD card (or the close fitting Sandisk USB FIT flash drive), 10/100 or 10/100/1000 Ethernet switch, and a few new old stock xBlue Networks X-2020 10/100 VoIP phones, network cables, and a power strip...
  19. P

Raspberry Pi & VoIP phones

My next project.. a Raspberry Pi 3 B (check), installed RASPBX (Debian, Asterisk, and FreePBX) onto an SD card (check), and a few xBlue Networks X-2020 VoIP phones (check). VoIP phones registered and working with asterisk using SIP (check). Don't know anything about PJSIP. Have inbound calls...
  20. P

Extend Network to multiple Buildings

I'm curious to know what you would consider using to extend a network between buildings capable of supporting VoIP and less than 200 feet apart with parking lot traffic between them? Wireless AC or some "armored" aerial guy wire suspended fiber?