Search results

1. P

Fall 2020 Home Network Upgrades

DIsabled IPv6 on the router and the issues seem to have subsided.
  2. P

Fall 2020 Home Network Upgrades

Well, I bit the bullet. I now potentially have upwards of 600mbps/20mbps for an Internet connection with Comcast's XT-6 Modem Router Gateway as part of the package deal at roughly the $60 (USD) mark last month. I use (and have used) Netgear Nighthawk Router (of the minimal marketing terms...
  3. P

ESXi 6.7u3, Napp-It AIO, & Tuning

err, never mind, it seems trying to create an aggr/bonded link with OmniOSce creates some kind of Loopback condition on the trunk link(s), thus preventing the aggr/bonded link from getting an IP address, unless it's back to the inferior consumer networking hardware?!? meanwhile, the vmxnet3...
  4. P

ESXi 6.7u3, Napp-It AIO, & Tuning

Hello, Effectively a repost (if I can remove the other one). I don't want to rework everything, but I also have no qualms about ripping everything out to rebuild and configure everything (ESXi 6.7u3, Napp-It, etc.) with a clean slate. The all Intel server (my ESXi box) has: effectively the...
  5. P

Refreshing the Intel S2600 with ESXi & Napp-It

ah, ok.. know anything creating a fatter pipe by aggregating link(s)? getting some strange behavior so far.. # dladm create-aggr -L active -l [e1000g0|] -l net1 aggr0 as an immediate response, I'm getting errors of a (paraphrased) 'Loopback condition on the trunk link' that just scrolls and...
  6. P

Refreshing the Intel S2600 with ESXi & Napp-It

(admins - please move as deemed appropraiate) so..with so many different changes happening all at once.. I figure this might be the best place for it.. I've had a cough for most of December, but it came to a nasty wretched head right during Christmas.. I thought I'd over it rather quickly, but...
  7. P

RasPBX (Apr 2018) getting calls with Google Voice and Bluetooth

Update: It seems Google Voice only works the OBIHAI OBi200 SOHO hardware device or through specific interfaces (Apps or Sites under Google's control). So using Google Voice in this manner has been dead for a while now, maybe 6-months. It's been well documented, or rather the documented methods...
  8. P

Supermicro server can't turn on after I disconnect IEC power cord cable without turning off the main

@BoredSysadmin - horrible :confused: and shamefully hilarious! :D :rolleyes: Just as bad as asking if the power in the neighborhood is out. o_O :rolleyes: Disconnecting power from the wall or the back of the computer is virtually the same. No burnt/fried electronics smell (which is very...
  9. P

WiFi networking three blocks over

Any off the self solutions to network over/across three blocks (under a 5 minute walk) from Point A to Point B? I do have a few 150Mbps USB adapters, curious for a possible solution. maybe a home brew mesh network using the Raspberry Pis
  10. P

Napp-It AIO on 6.5[6.7] and Windows 10 Pro

bringing this back to life... have an error with Napp-IT stating the ZFS pool can't be found and bascially no bootloader.. quick searches point to a shared drive cache sort of bug with an easy fix from mid-2017 as I recall.. now just need to restore this if I can..
  11. P

Windows

ahh, there it is... thought it was more highly integrated to the OS, but uninstalling them works just as well..
  12. P

Windows

sorry, figured this was the best spot for Windows 7 - been tasked with removing and disabling MS Live Messenger & MS Skype from Windows 7 for my father, something he manually closes at the moment -- never had this issue on my personal machines.. tried google already, but no dice so far with the...
  13. P

X8DA3

So just how much power does the X8DA3 require? The modified PDU (on the 846) using either the 900w or the 1200W-SQ simply will not power the X8DA3.. so what gives?
  14. P

A1SRI-2758F

little update is in order.. extracted the PSU from the former Core 2 Duo FreeNAS box.. o_O not what I wanted to do, but things are working so far.. so, how do I determine it's the 1) PSU or 2) the backplane that the drives attach to?? :confused::confused: P.S.-- I appear to have Rev. 1.00 of...
  15. P

choopy sound on HP 8200 Elite CMT

after posting, I removed all of the sound items from device manager.. SRS did not come back, neither did the digital choppy "transformers" effects.. thanks..
  16. P

choopy sound on HP 8200 Elite CMT

the sound gets choppy and distorted every ~30 seconds or so on a Sandy Bridge Core i5.. any ideas for newer drivers for Windows 10? HP doesn't have any online - EOL..
  17. P

Intel NVMe/SAS3 2U Disk Enclosure w/ Oculink interface + SuperMicro AOC-SLG3-4E2P

:D:D:D Is it Christmas in July? :cool: I can't like that enough.:cool: Got links for the hardware used? What was the price tag on the hardware parts?
  18. P

Family Network Filter

ah, thanks.. see it is part of Cisco too.. interesting/quirky/strange, but can't be all that bad either..
  19. P

Family Network Filter

Know of any network content filters to recommend for an entire home/family instead of per device content filters?
  20. P

A1SRI-2758F

:(:(:( Power Supplies? err, I have no way of testing that at the moment. on another note, thinking about power, the X8DA3 won't power via the Supermicro 846 chassis, which I modified the PDU to take 1000W/1280W SQ @ 100V/220V.. I hear a bleep then mechanical click (thermo fuse or relay)? wish...