Search results

1. T

Frenetic SDN is it synergistic with OFED ?

i left electronics 25 years ago over Patent Wars.. to study med..at least learning how to extend telemeres not spaghetti code.. Now i have IP on med, to sink a carrier, im faced with the same dilemma. That human element of greed, corruption and deceit. GCD the father of GFC .. all woes to...
  2. T

Great news .. Thank U , shall focus on Frenetic / unless MPI has advanced message segmentation at the byte level that supercedes Fr.. its hard to choose from a glut of tools made available .. particularly when one reads a Mellanox Linux OFED install wipes the slate clean to install IB...
  3. T

Movin' on up...to 40GbE

Reality : defeated by television, overtaken by smokescreen pantomime disguised as democracy, hopelessly lost in space between those ears that need a psychic (lawyer) to give us directions. usually in Court for a fine u did not see coming .. jus like no one opens the INline box above to read...
  4. T

Movin' on up...to 40GbE

X2 are not supported except by Forum and limited but useful downloads, the real trick is avoid 3rd party X2 and X3 they must be Mell genuine. Otherwise its hit or miss .. which binary is overloading the timeslots ? oh its completely fair scheduler Besides, the firmware bugs are obvious real...
  5. T

Movin' on up...to 40GbE

OF all X2 cards out there most are DDR or SFP ( 20 or 10Gb) there are VPI X2 with QDR (40Gb) in my thoughts a QSFP connector will mate best with another QSFP cable wise.. 1 : 1 .. such a cable is avail.. i agree . "Why connect a 40Gb switch to a 10Gb port ? unless by logical reason, only...
  6. T

Movin' on up...to 40GbE

OK the 5030 has QDR (40Gb ports) that is identical to QSFP .. agree not 56Gb (i dont care for 56) As i want to have an ALL IB ( with packet filter steering) internal cluster only the web connects via http// (hoping to keep 100,000 client sessions open, and serviced at a rate of 4 - 8 packets...
  7. T

All these SDN frameworks are a head spin .. can anyone throw light on Frenetic , does it interfere with OFED , like many javascript tools competing for the same end result ? OpenFlow (frenetic.Frenetic.OpenFlow) Is there resource contention .. in a Mellanox environ .. Mell usually discards 3rd...
  8. T

Movin' on up...to 40GbE

Thanx Rand .. very annoying.. spent an hour only to lose text .. is there no context where browsers screw users? we are in 2017 and still work in little text boxes that have no persistence.. pls convert to in-browser autosave, not this primitive sloth.. forget the quotes here's the raw gut...
  9. T

Movin' on up...to 40GbE

i bought and shall use 5030 sw maybe IBM 1631 sw , if i can find someone using these waywards ..Both are 56Gb, but most NICS are 10Gb will try to find the ref to the 40Gb > 4 X 10Gb splitters said to reduce rack switch count by 1 .. writer implied the splitters worked as a fixed subnet from a...
  10. T

Movin' on up...to 40GbE

this is my 1st small cluster project (without a great Unix background) hoping to break records with IB OFED support.. is it OK to ask from a range of accumulating issues, now that purchased Mellanox switches / ConnectX NICs are sitting in the US ..waiting for a bright Closure / Go / node.js...